May 21, 2007

MSU baseball, birthday parties, and crawling babies

This weekend while Trey went fishing with his daddy, I ventured up to Starkville to see the fam. (for the third weekend in a row. I am getting spoiled). Friday night my sweet nieghbor, Camon, graduated high school....2nd in her class with a GPA of 99.7. I told her I could have done that too if math was never invented. well, probably not. Anyway, I missed the graduation because I was driving in from Hattiesburg. On Sat. we took Henry to his first MSU baseball game. The weather was perfect and it was so much fun, even though the bulldogs did not pull out a W. Sad. I love that place. My mom's birthday is on Tuesday so we celebrated Sat. night after the game.

It was a wonderful weekend.

I am leaving this afternoon for Vicksburg for work. Not really work though. We are staying at a casino for a couple of nights. I don't gamble. I played the quarter slots on a cruise once and lost $1.50 and got so mad I swore I would never do that again. I mean a whole dollar and fifty cents? That could get me a large diet coke or maybe 1/2 a gallon of gas. I will never throw away money like that again. But the work trip should be fun. Maybe my co-workers will gamble and win big time and I can convince them to split the jackpot with me. I will let you know how that goes.

Another thing I need to discuss: my running. Remember my new shoes? The training? Well, it started off a little rough. (it was the devil, I tell ya. He was getting in the way) but now is coming right along. I woke up early this morning before work and went for a run. It was a little cool outside, so felt so nice. I still am no where near where I used to be, and let's face the facts: have not lost any weight, but am getting more consistant with my running and actually enjoying it again, so it is all good. Trey laughs at me. Every day he asks how my training is going with a smirk. I work with this intense runner lady. She has a goal to run a marathon in every state. I am going to go ahead and say that I do not have that goal. Mine is a half-marathon goal and to get in shape. Anyway, Trey tells her at this after hours party the other night that I was training to run a marathon and should meet up with her to run. WHAT??? her slow days are like 10 miles. She now asks me about my running. I want to lie and say "oh great! 12 miles this morning before work. really getting ready for that race next weekend." but in reality it is more like "well, I drug myself out of bed and ran MAYBE 2 miles before I was bored and wanted some coffee."

Geez.


Jake (my cousin, with a newly shaved head), Henry, and Rob (Henry's daddy/my brother-in-law) watching the bulldogs play.


Henry trying to crawl! Look at that determination!


Dudy Noble: God's Country

Mama, Laura, Nana, and me watching the game.


Jake and his cute girlfriend, Lindsey, playing with Henry.


worn out after the game!

Click

5 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

you're cute.

Debi said...

Heather, You have such a cute Blog. I always get a laugh from reading your blog. Cute pictures also.
Have fun this week and keep up the blogging. Oh, good luck on your running. I think you should get Trey to run with you every morning.

Debi

mary straton said...

I like that Jake and Rob decided that it would be cute if they wore the same shirt.

LT (and Max) said...

huh. i didn't even notice rob and jake were dressed alike and i was sitting right next to them.
shows just how observant i am! :)

Unknown said...

There's a write-up about the burg in Southern Living this month! I have to come visit now!