May 31, 2007

Damien and ribs...a perfect celebration of a wonderful year!!

Well, we are leaving for our anniversary trip in a couple of hours. Our bags are packed and Sophies toys are gathered into one small carrier. She is ready for "camp".

I am just so excited! Damien Rice is tonight at 8:00. He is going to be just so amazing. This is only his second tour in America. (Trey will be quick to tell you that he saw him in Atlanta the first time he was here!) We are planning on checking into our hotel and then heading out to Rendevous to chow down on some finger-licking good ribs, then off to the Orpheum for the show.

This is will only be Trey's third time to venture down Beale. The other two times were for one of Amanda's wedding showers in September and her wedding in December. We had the BEST time before, so we are looking forward to another great weekend.
Now for the reason we are going: Our ONE YEAR anniversary. I can not believe it has been a year. (well, will be on June 3rd) It has flown. We have had a lot of excitement, and even some heartache, in our first year of marriage.

1) Both changed jobs
2) Passing away of my Dada
3) Birth of our first nephew (Henry Thomas, of course!!)
4) bought our first house
5) adopted little Sophie
and so much more.

All this to say, this has truly been the best year of my life.

I am not really a "cheesy" or "mushy" person, but I want all my faithful readers (all 5) to know exactly how wonderful Trey is!

I made a list of a few reasons why he is absolutely the best:

1) He puts his family before anything
2) He pays the bills AND does the laundry
3) He adores Sophie
4) He puts up with me, and that is saying a lot
5) He is my best friend
6) He is so much fun and funny , too. Plus, he laughs at my jokes.
7) He will do anything to make me smile if I am having a bad day
8) He is the hardest worker and loves his job
9) He doesn't question me when I insist on Sophie staying in a doggie hotel
10) He is oh so cute. :)

Our first year of marriage was the best and I look forward to many, many more!


JUNE 3, 2006

16 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

awww...that's sweet. can't believe it's been a year already..weird.

have fun in memphis! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm a faithful reader but you don't know me :)
Trace~ (Amanda's aunt)

Anonymous said...

happy anniversary! it does go by fast, doesn't it? marraige is hard but it just gets better and better. i hope ya'll have fun in memphis!

mary straton said...

Happy one year, feather and trey.

i freaking love a doubletree. have a choc. chip cookie for me.

Katie said...

Happy Anniversary... If you get bored on your anniversary trip zip on up to Halls. We can go cow tipping! Just kidding... we would do something much more regal than that. Maybe we could go to the bar that is in the double wide trailer. :) Anyway, happy anniversary to you both!

brad, amanda, and brody said...

Happy One Year! My day is almost here, and I hope I look as beautiful as you in your pics! 2 more weeks!

Tricia said...

Happy Anniversary from Co-Star Bridesmaid!!! And again, we're sorry about the "Petal Rock" thrown into your eye during your Run-Through.

Caleb said...

Why does that picture keep getting used? I feel like OJ when they keep showing pictures of Nicole Brown Simpson. I get it already!

The Benjamins said...

Happy Anniversary! I love y'all!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary. We love you guys.

Crystal and Billy said...

Happy 1 Year Anniversary!!! Hope ya'll had a great time at the concert.

Anisa said...

happy anniversary! yall are so cute.

Unknown said...

Trey & Heather! Happy Anniversary from your Ocala, FL Family! We love y'all and hope you are having a wonderful anniversary trip.

Ron, Laurie, Alan & Paul

Anonymous said...

Happy 1st One you two! We love
you both so much ! Mom & Ron
Sophie too!

Anonymous said...

Happy First Anniversary, Mr. & Mrs. J.T. Skaggs! It HAS been a pretty eventful year, hasn't it? Love y'all! Aunt Darlene & family

The Davidsons said...

Happy Anniversary!