1. My mom's birthday was on May 22nd. I was in Vicksburg for work, so was unable to blog a crafty birthday blog. I did talk to her a number of times to make sure that she was wearing a tierra and sash throughout the day. My mom is the best. No, really. She raised three highly adorable and insanely intellegent daughters without so much as raising her voice. To know her is to love her. She is the nicest woman in the world, not to mention the cutest and smartest, too!
MELITA ROCKS! I LOVE MY MOMMY!
MELITA ROCKS! I LOVE MY MOMMY!
2. I got in from my Vicksburg work trip last night and I must say: i was quite the winner. After dinner Tuesday night, people were mingling, talking, drinking, and gambling. We were, afterall, staying in a casino. Well, I was feeling lucky so I marched myself over to the quarter slots, slipped in my crisp one dollar bill and began playing. I didn't have a clue what I was doing. Flashing lights, smoking grandma's, and extremely tacky decor was taking over as I kept pulling that handle. Suddenly I looked at my current stance: I had three credits left (don't know what that means) and was up $14.25!!! CASH OUT! Before I could think about it, I pushed the cash out and went to redeem my rewards, telling everyone along the way of my success. Those with me wondered why I wouldn't take another dollar and gamble that one as well. WERE THEY CRAZY? I had just won fourteen dollars and twenty-fix cents. I was calling it a night. So I went upstairs to my hotel room to call Trey and inform him that we were now rich.
I am down to $9.75 (I bought a non-fat cafe latte yesterday. Well worth it).
3. We are having company this weekend...Russell and his girlfriend, Callie. I could not be more excited. Our dear friend Russell that just graduated from divinity school at Emory that we have not seen in a YEAR! Totally nuts and uncalled for. We have a lot of catching up to do. Our friend Matt and his cutie fiance, Jenni, are tying the knot on Sat. in Biloxi so Trey, Russell, Callie and I are heading down to the coast for a good old-fashioned Catholic wedding. Can't wait.
4. Trey and I are walking to work tomorrow. This has little to nothing to do with "Let's Go Walking, Mississippi". (Sorry, gov.) One of my coworkers (the runner lady that is oh so cute) wants us to join her in preserving energy. So we are walking/riding our bikes to work each Friday (weather permitting). We can do it other days, of course, but Fridays are generally the easiest since it is "casual fridays". There is a group of Southern Miss workers that are participating and then meeting at Starbucks on campus after our walk/bike ride before we head to our offices. Trey and I dont have bikes, so we will be making the trek on foot.
Consider this a new, greener me, although I will never just use one square of toilet paper, much to Sheryl Crows dissapproval.
4 comments:
glad you're back to blogging...you were highly missed.
I think you misspelled your mom's name. I belive it is MAR-lita.
Your mom made my mom a cookbook one time. I don't know that it's ever been used.
PS - the ladies in my office were just talking about how cute and fun Hattiesburg is.
I misspelled "believe." My apologies.
I can't believe y'all are walking to work! You're doing such a great job at preserving energy. I'm so proud of you!
Post a Comment