Trey can sometimes be pretty cool.
Yesterday he told me to ask off work May 31st-June 1st, a Thursday and Friday, but wouldn't tell me why. Our 1 year anniversary is June 3rd, so I knew it had something to do with that, because, well, I am a genious.
After work he was so excited he just kept talking about this mystery trip that we were going to be embarking on. He was like a little child that had a secret that he just couldn't keep. He was DYING to tell me.
Yesterday he told me to ask off work May 31st-June 1st, a Thursday and Friday, but wouldn't tell me why. Our 1 year anniversary is June 3rd, so I knew it had something to do with that, because, well, I am a genious.
After work he was so excited he just kept talking about this mystery trip that we were going to be embarking on. He was like a little child that had a secret that he just couldn't keep. He was DYING to tell me.
So he did.
I AM SUPER EXCITED!!!!
Trey bought us tickets to see my FAVORITE musician in concert: DAMIEN RICE. I love him. Really. He is Irish and can move my soul.
Dramatic? Perhaps, but I speak the truth.
Dramatic? Perhaps, but I speak the truth.

Damien, jamming. 
Damien, thinking.
Anyway, sweet boy made us reservations at the DoubleTree Hotel on Union Avenue and bought concert tickets at the Orpheum. I must say, I am impressed. Yesterday he was all about me getting a new camera, which I did, and now I see why! He wanted me to have awesome pictures of what is sure to be an AMAZING weekend.
If you haven't heard Damien, I suggest it. It is kinda mellow, not so much booty-shakin music. but if you are in to that, give him a try. You won't regret it.
On a different note, I got out of the shower this morning only to see my husband eating his GROOM'S CAKE for breakfast. YES. GROOM'S CAKE. As in a year ago. As in it has been in the freezer for a year. As if eating chocolate cake at 7 a.m. wasn't bad enough, he had to eat a year old cake form the freezer at 7 a.m.

Gross.
What he lacks in food choices he makes up in trip planning!!
6 comments:
woo hoo! fun! :)
That will be so fun!! Can Luke and I come shack up with yall in the Doubletree? Ok, thanks.
Heather - I LOVE reading your postings! You ALWAYS make me laugh!
Was the cake still good? I'd probably eat it even if it wasn't. It's CAKE.
Congrats about the trip! It's going to be awesome! Can't wait to read about it:)
Wow!! I am impressed Trey! You did good ~ Ya'll have fun ~ I can't believe it is almost a year! What have we done all of these years without a Heather and this fascinating BLOG in the family?? Love you both
I do have to vouch for our 1 year old frozen wedding cake...Forrest surprised me with a B&B on our 1st annivesary and we ate the entire top tier--it was so good! You need to try it :) ejw
Post a Comment