
(not me)
I walked to work this morning. Just me. Trey wouldn't do it. He said that walking to work EVERYDAY is a statement, walking to work one day and meeting a bunch of women for Starbuck's is "cute". Whatev.
I realize that if we were in a city, say NY, walkin would happen all the time, but it is a little trickier when you live in a city that is not very pedestrian friendly. But no fear, I managed. I put on my running shoes (the new ones, still training, you know) and walked my way down Hardy Street. It was fun. I bet Trey is sad he missed it.
Anyway, so I made the long hike to campus and found my way to Starbucks eager to meet my fellow walking/biking eco-friendly friends, as well as enjoy a nice cup of coffee. (Who am I kidding, I would have had a Chai latte or cafe latte) I arrive at the entrance only to find that it doesn't open until 8! SAD! I bet our coordinator of "Bike to Work Day" did not know that the Starbucks on campus has different hours in the summer. I walk around the building in hopes of finding my walking buddies, only to find NOTHING. I was alone, in work clothes and sneakers with frizy hair.
~sigh~
May 25, 2007
Global Warming's got nothing on me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
That's hilarious!!!!- Jordan
you are such an idiot. :)
i can totally see trey saying that to you. haha
Good job Heather! I am very proud of you.
Hey Heather. It's Krak! I found your blog after seeing Ashley's. :) That's cool that you love the earth so much. (just kidding)
Love,
Amanda
i'm proud of you heather....and i'm sure all the methodists i work with would be proud too. i feel like they are going to stone me when i roll up in here in my trail blazer. travis and i car pool as much as we can. tell trey that allowing his wife to walk ALONE on the mean streets of the hub city is a statement as well!
I am with Trey on this one!
Post a Comment