May 29, 2007

The life of a mother

Trey and I are traveling this weekend. We are leaving on Thursday afternoon and heading back to the 'burg on sat. afternoon. As you know, we have a daughter. The most adorable little malti-malti-poo-poo around. (both her mother and father are maltipoos, thus giving her the title malti-malti-poo-poo)

Anyway, we have a problem...finding a suitable babysitter. we are short on time, thus unable to drive Sophie to stay with her Memaw and Pawpaw (Trey's mom and dad) on the coast and Starkville is just too out of the way to stay with her T-mac and Mama Lita (my mom and dad). As you can imagine, we are a little concerned. I have come to the conclusion that we might have to, take a deep breath, BOARD my little Soph.

~gasp~
After much internal debate and heartache, I have come to the realization that boarding our beloved may just be the best option for the weekend.
So I have begun my research. I have interviewed (aka: googled) various boarding options in Hattiesburg and the surrounding areas. I found the Canine Country Club, but the owners seem a little off. We could always take her to our normal vet, but I have visions of her sleeping alone in one of the kennels out back. She can not do that. I am sorry. This challenge is prooving to be more difficult that first imagine.

BUT WAIT...

I found PetHotel, by PetSmart in Memphis (where are are going, the PetSmart in Hattiesburg does not offer this. I plan on calling the manager here this afternoon about this matter). Now we are talking. They have Doggie Day Camp, Day Care, televisions in the room (on animal planet, of course) and indoor park where they can walk, use the bathroom, even play in water!!! PLUS, they have "Social Time" where the Sophie can play with other dogs her size in a playroom filled with balls, chew toys, and yes, treats. She may not want to come home!!

But it doesn't end there! Trey and I can call the lobby of the hotel during lobby hours and check on Sophie. They will even bring Sophie to the phone to talk to us! Now that I can handle.
There is also a live video so if I am around an internet, I can see her playing.

I haven't checked on the price, nor have I even confronted my husband with this amazing find. The only downside is that we are staying at the DoubleTree on Union Ave. and this PetHotel is located on the other side of Memphis. BUT, I know where it is and I am conviced that it will be well worth the trouble! We will just have to leave a little bit earlier to make it in time to check her in the hotel and then make it back to downtown to the Orphium by the time the concert starts. BRILLIANT!

I will let you know how it goes.
Click HERE to view the video of the hotel, if you would like.

In the meantime....any suggestions of another doggie hotel in south mississippi? Desperate times call for desperate measures. I was hoping for a Beth Bath and Bones like Amanda found in Tyler, TX.
Let me know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

See if Kristen's nanny will keep the little precious girl..or what about Auntie YaYa? LJLL

The Davidsons said...

Not sure of anything in South Mississippi but my boss keeps their baby, Lilly, at the PetSmart Hotel. She seems to enjoy her stay there, they are very sweet to her. Beds are available too. It's hard leaving them, I know.

Anonymous said...

I usually frequent that PetsMart and see all the dogs out playing. I can always check on her if you need me to. haha! Let me know when you're going to be here!
Jo