
When I was little (about 7 or 8) my mom insisted that I get my hair cut like Dorothy Hamill (see picture). Granted, I did not have very good hair brushing habits, but my hair was long, straight and beauitful until the dreaded day came when it was all chopped off.
Such a haircut resulted in me playing a shepherd in my school's Christmas play. All my cute girlfriends were sweet angels in gorgeous white gowns and halos. Not me. Me and my Dorothy haircut was swaddled in cloth and holding a cane with all the other boys in my 2nd grade class.
Because of this story, I was very determined to not have Sophie's hair shaved, for fear that she will look like a boy and in return a gender identity crisis would occur. Afterall, she has a boy cousin, Max, whom I was convinced she would look like if her long hair was gone.
Trey wanted her cut short. He won the that argument, but not without a fight.
"it's summer! She is so hot with all that hair!" - Trey.
Such a haircut resulted in me playing a shepherd in my school's Christmas play. All my cute girlfriends were sweet angels in gorgeous white gowns and halos. Not me. Me and my Dorothy haircut was swaddled in cloth and holding a cane with all the other boys in my 2nd grade class.
Because of this story, I was very determined to not have Sophie's hair shaved, for fear that she will look like a boy and in return a gender identity crisis would occur. Afterall, she has a boy cousin, Max, whom I was convinced she would look like if her long hair was gone.
Trey wanted her cut short. He won the that argument, but not without a fight."it's summer! She is so hot with all that hair!" - Trey.
Whatev. She is a girl and should look like such.
SOOOOOO.....when I went to pick her up from PetSmart, I bought her a dress (unbeknownst to Trey).
I am satisfied...she looks like a girl again.



8 comments:
look at that pose!!! she is a model! memaw thinks she is beautiful and girly in short hair or long - love the dress, pink is her color
sweet little sophie.
i'll be happy to post a pic of your dorothy hamil haircut if you wish. that way people can see that you REALLY DID look like her.
i can also probably find a pic of you playing the shepherd in the school play.
i promise it will grow out! at least she doesn't look like a rat like char did! give it a couple of days, it will grow on you! she's precious!
I. Love. It.
I think she looks cool, refreshed, and oh so girly. Love the pink dress! I dressed Sam in a St. Patty's Day shirt once and it was almost the demise of my marriage! :)
It is evident in the bottom picture...miss priss LOVES the dress. Tell Trey to get over it!
would it be safe to assume that sophie's haircut is cuter than the Dorothy Hamill cut that was imposed on you as an innocent child? Also, do you and Laura ever fight about whose dog is cuter?
-Mere
i seriously doubt that the Starkville Academy costume closet had any gorgeous white gowns or halos.
I remember the Dorothy haircut, too. I also remember Baby.
Post a Comment