June 19, 2007

sweet ivy kate

I was so happy to see Ashley and Ivy Kate last saturday. (and john and wilson, of course!) Sophie and I had a great visit. I love that little Ivy Kate. I stupidly forgot my camera, so I am stealing this one from Ashley.


I was talking to Ivy Kate while I was holding her. This is how the conversation went down:

"Ivy Kate, you are just the most beautiful little thing ever. I have the perfect boyfriend for you! His name is Henry and he is kinda fat, short, and is going bald. Doesn't that sound perfect?"

At this point Ivy Kate's bottom lip started quivering and she began to cry.

Ashley and I started laughing. Bless my sweet nephew's heart. He was rejected by a 1 month little princess!

2 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

i want ivy kate. i bet your little girl will look like her, only a little more chinese looking with more out of control hair.

The Benjamins said...

That was so funny. Sorry I am raising a snob! :)