June 14, 2007

Memo to Mothers: No need for babysiter, just get a dog!

So cute.
The dog is fully aware of what this baby is doing, keeping her from harms way. PLUS, the mommy and daddy can save the money they would normally spend on a sitter for a night out on the town. It's really a win-win situation here. So, whenever the day comes for Trey and I to venture into never-never land known as parenthood, we can rest easy knowing that our little Sophie can accept the role as a live-in babysitter. Oh the money we will save!

On another note: Trey left AGAIN for work. This time only for two nights. He flew out this morning bright and early for North Carolina to speak at some conference. My husband is in high demand, I tell you. I am driving to the coast tomorrow after work to meet him at the airport. We are going to stay with his parents down there for a night to celebrate father's day.

TREY, Sophie really misses you. She cried after you left. She always hides in the red bowl under the dinning room table. I found this note that she wrote last night after you left:



Dear Daddy,
Why you leave all the time? I have to say, it kinda sucks. But don't worry, I am taking good care of mommy. She lets me sleep in the bed with her. I licked her face this morning at 4:30 just to let her know that I was there. She feels safe with me next to her.
Come home soon! BRING ME BACK A TREAT!

Love,
Sophie

PS - The construction people next door are really stupid, but don't worry, daddy, I barked at them. Mommy was calling me to come inside (she looked funny because she had just gotten out of the shower so her hair was in a towel!) but I stayed with the construction people to make sure they knew I was boss. MOMMY IS SAFE WITH ME!

Anyway, I have another preview session this afternoon, so I will let you know if any absurd comments are made by hellicopter parents.

Lastly, I need help! Perhaps I am allergic to my wedding band? I don't know. I told Trey maybe it was marriage I was allergic to, but I am not sure he found the humor.
I have had the rings for two years with no problems, now all of the sudden I am breaking out in the horrific rash. It itches, sometimes I scratch it so hard it bleeds. I rather not go to the dermatologists just to have them say "yeah, it's a rash". No kidding, sherlock. So, has this happened to anyone? It is really annoying. I have including a picture for better understanding.



Three cheers for the fact that tomorrow is friday!

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

what metal is your ring made out of?

Unknown said...

anonymous: thanks for caring. White gold.

The Benjamins said...

The letter from Sophie is too cute. Wilson has been thinking of writing a blog...stay tuned...maybe it will happen soon!

Anonymous said...

check this link out....it could be a nickel allergy onset by some on the things mentioned here:

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Jewelry-Gems-Minerals-689/allergic-reaction.htm

Anonymous said...

i have had some friends become allergic to their rings. allergies can develop over time. i hate to tell you this, but you will have to not wear the ring. you may want to get the stones reset in a different metal. if your band is platinum, you may want to switch to white gold and vice versa. that stinks!

Anonymous said...

I had a co-worker with the same problem. She got her ring cleaned, and the rash went away. There is just probably dirt or fungus (i know gross) in the setting. Try cleaning before anything else.

LT (and Max) said...

maybe you should just give your rings to me...they look better on my hand anyway! :)

p.s. i think sophie is a better speller than you! :)

Anonymous said...

it could definitely be nickel. I had a toe ring with nickel in it once, and it set off a four year toe issue that I won't even go into. Let's just say I recognize that rash.

Tricia said...

Who is anonymous and how does he/she know so much?

Brandon said...

This happened to Jennnifer Maxwell...she went to the Dr. and they said it was bc she kept her rings on all the time that something had probably gotten in it and infected her finger. She couldnt wear them for a while until the rash went away and now she takes them off to shower, wash hands, etc...and got them cleaned good like someone already said....sorry for the marathon post!
Natalie JOlly

The Benjamins said...

On second thought, I think your finger is going to rot off! J/K!

Anonymous said...

this sounds really cheap but take clear fingernail polish and paint the undersidess of your ring. it sounds like a fungus that is common in the summer months in the south, don't worry there are many girls that get it. hydrocortisone cream that comes off the shelf at wally world will work, don't wear your rings until the open wound is no longer open!

thereynolds said...

First, I really enjoy reading your blog! I recruited for MUW for almost four years, so I can certainly sympathize with you and the "helicopter parents". Oh, the stories I could tell! Second, I had a similar reaction to my rings as well. My Dr. told me that it could have possibly been a skin reaction to "stuff" that gets stuck in the setting. So, try getting it cleaned and see if that helps. I know it itches like CRAZY!! Happy blogging! :)

mary straton said...

how is it that Sophie is a better speller than her mom?

Anonymous said...

Dear Cousin Sophie,
At least you have a daddy.
Love, Max

LT (and Max) said...

ummmm....
someone just commented on your blog and forged my dog's name...not even funny. i guess some people think it's funny that max comes from a single parent home.

Anonymous said...

just wanted you to know that i am not the anonymous that forged a note from max....i am only the anonymous from the first two responses. but looks like you've gotten some good ideas to hopefully get rid of the rash. and if a good ring cleaning and not wearing in the shower (if you do that) doesn't work, then i would say it probably is some sort of nickel allergy.

The Davidsons said...

Y'all crack me up!

The Segrest Family said...

anonymous is cracking me up.
and i saw jennifer maxwell's and it looked just like that. i try to get my rings cleaned at the place where chad bought them around once a month - they look great and sparkly and i have never gotten a rash =)

mary straton said...

perhaps this will be of help:

http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/library/DS/00826.html

Anisa said...

hey heather! that has happened to me before, and i washed my rings with hot water and soap and waited a day or so and then it started wearing them again with no problem. yes, that probably made them dingy but i was too lazy to get them properly cleaned and i felt like it was more like "cleaning" to use scorching water and soap. mine are white gold as well. you may have just touched something and it's still on your ring. i dunno...it worked for me! good luck!

Anonymous said...

I'm only anonymous because I don't have a blog home, yet... but it's Amanda's aunt Tracy -
I would get rash's on my finger and it was usually from water and soap staying under my ring - I guess the soap irritates my finger. Maybe shower or do dishes without your rings on or make sure they are super dry. That took care of mine...
Love your blog
TD~