June 28, 2007

Quote of the day

If you are a faithful reader, you may have read my stories of talking to parents of incoming students. As a re-cap, I am the marketing manager for residence life so it is my job to talk to the parents during Preview (orientation) about housing....

well, we had another one today. When the summer is over I will have given my presentation over 20 times and answered an absurd amount of ridiculous questions.

Today, during my last of three sessions, I was explaining what all the cost of housing includes.

Here is the story:

Marketing Heather: "Cable is included in the cost of housing."

Father in the back: "When you say 'cable is included' do you mean cable?"

MH: what????? dumb. "Yes, sir, cable is included in the cost of housing" what am I? A broken record?

FITB: "But cable is included?"

MH: is this guy kidding? "Yes sir, your student just has to bring his or her own TV, but the room is cable ready."

FITB:
"So they can get cable in their rooms?"

MH: seriously, dude. You are about to piss me off. "Sir, I am going to have to move on, but if I did not answer your question, I will be happy to speak to you afterwards."

Cute little Asian father, somewhat screaming: "Do they get HBO, too???"

hahaha. i love my job.



3 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

hmmmm... you're a better person than me heather. i just couldn't do it.

Anonymous said...

heather, can you email me? i have blog banner questions...laceycortez@gmail.com
thanks!

Crystal and Billy said...

I don't know how you deal with that, I would have lost it!!