June 18, 2007

I love my daddy

Hope all you father's out there had a wonderful father's day.

I haven't felt too well for the past couple of days, so my writing is not going to be up to par. Honestly, even on my best days I do not think that I could write enough about my daddy to fully express how amazing he is!

Laura did a pretty good job yesterday expressing how special our daddy is. I would recommend going to read her blog. It made me cry.

My dad is one of those people who always looks on the positive side of things. He has always been there for me and my two sisters no matter what, and let me tell you, being the only male in the house with three teenage girls was no easy feat, I am sure. And the love that he shows for my mom....and always has....really made me realize at a young age what love is and what it is I wanted in a husband one day. I am lucky to have found a man that loves as much as my daddy.

Last year my dad lost his daddy, my dada, to alzhymers. For three years my dad put everything on hold to care for him. My Nana, uncle, and daddy never complained, was never angered, and never once felt sorry for themselves. They simply cared for my dada the best way they knew how, and although my Dada couldn't express his graditude, it was obvious by just looking at his face he knew they were his sons. Growing up just two minutes away from my Nana and Dada allowed me to see first hand the impact father's have on their family. My family is so blessed to have the men in our lives be such strong Christians, role-models, and fathers.

I doubt I will ever be able to express to my daddy what all he means to me.

I can't mention father's without mentioning my father-in-law, Ronnie. He came into Trey's life when Trey was was about 8 years old and from that moment on, Trey has been shown nothing but love from him. Trey adores Ronnie. I am so thankful for Ronnie . For being the strong male role-model in Trey's life and for loving him unconditionaly.

How blessed we are to have such strong, wonderful men in our lives!

Ok, I am heading back to bed. Feeling sick again.

2 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

sweet sweet.

SICK??? what???? NO!

The Benjamins said...

Hope you feel better!