June 8, 2007

Maroon, White, FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

I am so sad that I am not in Starkville at this very moment. At 11:00 the bulldogs will play Clemson in the Super Regionals hosted by State.



I would sit in Left Field and eat chicken on a stick while watching the greatest sport played on the greatest field ever...Dudy Noble.

My mom and Daddy took off work today to attend all the festivities. Jealousy has set in. But I am reminded that I am having sushi tonight with Laura and then going to see sweet Henry tomorrow, and that, my friends, makes all things better. I plan on eating way to much edamame (pratically my favorite) and making friends with the japaneese waitress. A perfect setting for a friday night. One sushi roll, if created correctly, will always lead to another. So I plan on eating more than one.

Trey doesn't too much care for baseball. I know, so un-American-ish. I told him when we were dating to not mention such horror in the presence of my father, cousin, grandfather, or brother-in-law, for he might be repremanded, as they all played some sort of ball, be it college or professional. Trey came with me to watch a MSU game when we were dating. I was working the game (I was a Diamond Girl back in the day) so Trey was forced to sit with my parents, who happen to take the game very seriously. He smiled and cheered because, well, it was the beginning of our dating and he was trying to impress. But now that he is in the family he has made it known that the game is just boring to him. ~sigh~

I always talk about our unborn son and his extreme baseball skills. Trey is quick to remind me that we might have a son that hates baseball and only wants to play the trumpet. Now, that would be fine and I would love him with my whole heart, but I will still sign him up for t-ball in hopes that the sound of the metal hitting the ball will stay with him and he will dream of running the bases at night.

Hmmm....is it wrong that I plan my unborn child's activities?

He will be a super star.

My Dada struck out Joe Dimaggio. When he was sick (Dada, not Joe) and wasn't talking much at all, we would look at a big baseball book together and I would read about players from when he played. I would point at Joe Dimaggio's picture and say "Did you strike this guy out, dada?" and he would look at it hard and then look at me and with all his might say "with a curve ball."

How great is that?

Anyway, all this to say, GO BULLDOGS, beat Clemson and if you have the chance this weekend, go to a baseball game.

3 comments:

LWolfe said...

I LOVE your Dada stories. They make me cry and laugh all at the same time! I wish I were in Starkpatch too. Sometimes I dream about all of Starkville's delicious food at night.

LT (and Max) said...

sweet dada.

yes, i'm here with you as opposed to being in starkville for the games. gosh i'm a good sister (and YES, we are TEARING up sushi tonight!) :)

Anonymous said...

Trey thinks baseball is boring??? Hmmm...remind him that our Pa-paw Snowden loved the game so much (and knew ALL the stats, etc.) that he and Ma-maw went to a few world series games in their day. They may have even been there when your Da-da struck out Dimaggio! Baseball is in his blood; what's wrong with that boy??? Those bow ties are choking him???