1)
Last weekend Trey and I went to Starkville to see my family. We had our family 4th cookout a little early. Henry LOVED Trey and his facial hair. He
would get so tickled when trey would move in close to him. so cute. Trey and I spent both nights with my Nana. Always a good choice. She is a spoiler.2) Trey and I took off work on Monday - Wednesday. Nan and Jeremy, our dear friends that left us for Orlando, came to visit on Monday. We have not seen them since December, so the visit was way over-due. The men played golf while Nan and I got manicures and pedicures. For some reason when Nan and I get together we laugh. ALOT. The following pictures were taken of us, by us, in the back of a car. We thought it was funny, and we thought WE were funny.




The four of us have way too much fun together. PLEASE MOVE BACK TO HATTIESBURG!
3) On Tuesday, I thought it neccesary for Trey to become Trey The Tool-man Skaggs and redo our bathroom. Off we went to Home Depot....and Lowes.....and Target. The little trip to HD turned out to be not so little as we ventured throughout Hattiesburg in search of the perfect
light. When we came home with my new light fixture, cabinet, and mirror ready to go, it was time to really get busy. So Trey took out the existing light fixture (HIDEOUS) and the mirror (AWFUL) and scrubbed the walls down. I proceeded to paint the bathroom (a green...light sagey, kinda) while Trey went to play golf (again. "I hate painting. would rather dig the driveway up with a plastic spoon" - Trey) The paint was looking good. Once Trey returned he put up the light fixture and mirror and started getting busy on the cabinet. (as seen on tag: "Some assembly required.") SOME? Three hours later a very frustrated husband held up the finished product. Not bad considering we got it for a steal at Target. It was time to hang it up in the newly painted bathroom.




The four of us have way too much fun together. PLEASE MOVE BACK TO HATTIESBURG!
3) On Tuesday, I thought it neccesary for Trey to become Trey The Tool-man Skaggs and redo our bathroom. Off we went to Home Depot....and Lowes.....and Target. The little trip to HD turned out to be not so little as we ventured throughout Hattiesburg in search of the perfect
light. When we came home with my new light fixture, cabinet, and mirror ready to go, it was time to really get busy. So Trey took out the existing light fixture (HIDEOUS) and the mirror (AWFUL) and scrubbed the walls down. I proceeded to paint the bathroom (a green...light sagey, kinda) while Trey went to play golf (again. "I hate painting. would rather dig the driveway up with a plastic spoon" - Trey) The paint was looking good. Once Trey returned he put up the light fixture and mirror and started getting busy on the cabinet. (as seen on tag: "Some assembly required.") SOME? Three hours later a very frustrated husband held up the finished product. Not bad considering we got it for a steal at Target. It was time to hang it up in the newly painted bathroom.This is where we learned that sometimes you get what you pay for. Our wonderful steal of a cabinet BROKE!! YES. Broke. Done. Finished. Dead. The cabinet had a life span of less that 45 minutes. What a shame.
So here is where I shall throw in my consumer report:
DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT.
It was a piece of you know what.
I have a included a picture for your convience.
4) Yesterday we traveled on up to Collinsville, near Meridian, home of my mom's fam for a 4th of July lunch cookout at my aunt and uncle's home. Not the whole family was there but we still had a great time. You can't go wrong with watermelon, baked beans and corn, my friends. Yes...give me a watermelon and I am a happy camper, or in this case, cook-outer.DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT.
It was a piece of you know what.
I have a included a picture for your convience.
Hope you all had a HAPPY and safe 4th as well!!!
(post script: Sophie was scared of fire works, just an FYI. Her birthday is in October. Don't buy her sparklers. )
Me and Adelia, my cousin
My sweet cousin, Amberlee
Henry Thomas and his buddy, Trey.
12 comments:
Wow small world... I know Nan very well. We went to the same school for our entire lives. Her older brother and I are the same age, and... Her mother taught school with my mom.
you're cute.
i still want to see pics of the finished bathroom!!
glad you're back at work. i have missed your daily posts.
well, i guess i will have to think of something different for sophie's bday since she doesn't like fireworks...man!
i bought that same cabinet for my apartment right out of college. it fell off the wall and broke when it hit the floor. it was a mess. sorry i didn't warn you before. my bad.
i don't just like my header...i LOVE IT! do you think it looks okay?
heather, you have really great hair. i am jealous. i too have missed your blog posts.
Your blogs make my day! Hope you have a great one!
ok, Heather, if you are going to blog a word (especially a MONTH), you must make sure it is spelled correctly.
I totally feel your pain about the cabinet!! It took Jack and me about 2 hours to put together a high chair for Sarah Beth, and it turned out to be a piece of junk as well. Good luck finding a new cabinet. I'm currently searching for a high chair that comes pre assembled.
We are definitely friends now, by the way. and not just blog friends.
Awww I wish I would have known you a were in Collinsville! I was home too. I would have come over there to see you!
love the bathroom color!
Are the Clarko State Park days over forever? LLJL
I am gonna start checking this WAYYY more often. You are hilarious and I have forgotten how so! That story reminded me of Hunter, my boyfriend, when I moved to Jackson and started asking him to assemble all sorts of cheap furniture... first a dresser, then a nightstand. He actually at one time threatened me... "Don't ever bring home unassembled furniture again." And also the comment, "I'll never do this again for free. Serious." hahaha I love your stories Heather!
Post a Comment