I will admit, moving to a different place with no friends right out of college was tough for me. Even being married, I went from living in the KD house at State for 2 years - SHOUT OUT TO PATSY! - to living...well...with a boy. I love being married, of course, but come on, ladies- sometimes you just need a little girl time. right?
I have met wonderful people in Hattiesburg and have really made some great friends, but there is just something about old friends that make me SO happy! We all went separate ways after college, naturally, and sometimes it takes someone getting married to get us back all together.
Anyway, last weekend my dear friend, Kate, spent the night with me! She lives in Dallas and is so successful (and oh- so talented) interior designer. I lived with her for a summer in college in the Cotton District. She was always the fashion icon of our group. I have not seen this girl since Jordan's wedding ---IN DECEMBER!. Completely unacceptable. It was SO great seeing her and catching up.
And tomorrow night another dear, OLD friend is spending the night with me...Susanna. When I say old, I mean we have been friends since the 2nd grade! She has been my friend for the longest time. She went to Ole Miss (boo on her. Ole Piss more like it. That was ugly. I am sorry. NOT!) and even through our rebel/bully differences, we remained friends! Now she works and lives in Murpheesboro, TN. I miss her so very much. We have been through A LOT together...good and bad times. I can't wait to see her tomorrow! OH SUSANNA!
Now if only I could have a friend over EVERY weekend. Takers? Let me know!
(post script: all my pictures on my computer at work were DELETED. Horror of horrors. So here is a trusty facebook pic.)
I will now name my friends in the pic: (L-R)
Susanna, Ashley, Jordan, me, Kate, Amanda, Tricia
8 comments:
you have cute friends.
i second that msks...you DO have cute friends and even cuter sisters.
PLEASE tell Su I said hello and give her a hug from Krak! Tell her to get into the blogging world- then our whole little SA bubble will be complete again after 6 YEARS!
Yeah! I second that shout out to Patsy. For 2 years she always came to our 4 man and woke us up! Love her! :) ejw
Have fun with Susanna! I miss getting to see everyone!
I wish I could come visit you TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!! We're coming down your way for Labor Day. Are you going to be around????????
Oh Heather! How I love your blog! I LOVE YOU EVEN MORE!!! Miss you dear... and we don't live too far apart now... if you're ever in Jackson, you better call me or else.
Kell says there's no such thing as a divided home. You're either with the Bulldogs or you're not. He HATES those car tags that say A House Divided. He does NOT think that is funny; he thinks it's like cheating on your wife.
You probably shouldn't get Kell started on it. Maybe he'd be more accepting since it would be in different conferences. I'll let you discuss that with him.
Post a Comment