July 25, 2007

Boy Shakira: the wonder, the mystery, the talent.

I have mentioned this before, but I shall say it again: Trey and I don't get cable. Never have. Trey never plans on it. (we will see about that) It works out fine because we honestly don't watch that much TV. Some people I know TiVo all things trash, ie Murry.

Well, every now and then I get hooked on a show that comes on one of the two stations that we do get. A few months ago it was "You're the One that I want". Trey really hated this because each time I spoke of the show, I would sing it. After the final episode I was convinced that I wanted to be a musical star. Didn't so much work out as planned because, well, I can't sing. but still, I adored that cheesy Greese Academy show.

Well, lately it has been America's Got Talent. I have watched this show since the first audition. This show is going to make it for a few reasons: 1) Jerry Springer is the host and 2) The Hoff is a judge. With these two men, can one really go wrong?

Where else on TV, cable or no cable, can you sit down for an hour and see vocal performances, ventriloquism, people on stilts, magicians, and boy shakira?? No where, I tell you. That is why this is entertainment at it's finest.


Yes, this fine man (?) has made it to the top 20, much to The Hoff's dissaproval.
Last night he pulled out all stops and dressed like non other than former pop-princess Britney Spears. Will he make it through? Stay tuned.

and in other AGT news, check out local Pakinstan native, Kashif. Now if this young man (age 33) doesn't scream talent than nothing does. Kashif, you make America proud.

13 comments:

Anisa said...

omg how do you not have cable?!

i live for vh1 and e!

maybe trey does have a point...

mary straton said...

you and trey need cable in the worst way.

Anonymous said...

WAIT!! Is Hasselhoff speaking with a British accent?? He should be shot.

Jeremy Knight said...

only in America

Anonymous said...

did you see the one where the guy fell on his head and had to be taken to the hospital? that's the only episode i've seen. boy shakira scares me.

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

I'm so glad you posted the little Indian dancer video. He is what AGT is all about.

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

ps- se for a cheeseburger?? I can't BELIEVE I missed that one! I'm going straight to youtube to see if I can find it.

pps- I don't appreciate you referring to Murry as "trash" and I know he wouldn't appreciate it either. I'm totally NOT getting an autograph for you.

Caleb said...

Tricia hates Kashif and swears he has no talent and she could dance just like him. Out of experience from many KD parties, I beg to differ.

By the way, way to go Trey for keeping up the cable boycott! Tricia and I also soldier on!

LT (and Max) said...

david hasselhoff is so terrible. SO terrible.

Lee Herrin said...

i LOOOOVED 'you're the one that I want.' Will hated that I watched it, too. I think he secretly got into it at the end, though.

PS....sophie looks like a little poof of cotton balls in your banner pic. precious.

Anonymous said...

I have two favorites from this post:

1."i'm not selling image; I'm being myself all the time"
- Boy Shakira

i guess by "being myself" he really means being shakira...or brittney.

2. when the camera zooms in on Kashif's penny loafers and white atheletic socks combo.

Heather and Emily, I can see the attraction to AGT.

Anonymous said...

Heather, Cable is like fresh water and food and shelter. Stand your ground! Do Tommy & Melita have cable? LJLL

Anna Little said...

Boy Shakira/Boy Brit was definitely on "Best Week Ever" today during my lunch hour... freakin hilarious.