
Last weekend while in Starkville I noticed the downtown stores had sales for Christmas in July.
JACKPOT!
So I called my mom this morning with a small wish list of items for the festivites.
JACKPOT!
So I called my mom this morning with a small wish list of items for the festivites.
Seems as though Melita, or Santa Claus for that matter, doesn't celebrate this wonderful holiday. bummer. Guess I will hold on to my wish list until December....
In the meantime, I have a story to share:
I was carded for a PG13 movie.
You heard right.
You have to be 13 to see the film. I am 24.
-sigh-
-sigh-
When I am 34, please, by all means card me for a glass of wine, but getting carded for a movie when I am 24??? Come on, people.
Granted, Trey did drop me off in front of the ticket office (there was a line, he didn't want to wait) and I was wearing an over-sized sweatshirt (I get cold in the movies) , no make-up and my hair was in a pony-tail, but still. 13?
I laughed at the little man who asked for my ID, who more than likely was at least 5 years younger than me. His response?
"Sorry, we are just really cracking down on this"?
On what??? Accusing a married woman of being a pre-teen?
Granted, Trey did drop me off in front of the ticket office (there was a line, he didn't want to wait) and I was wearing an over-sized sweatshirt (I get cold in the movies) , no make-up and my hair was in a pony-tail, but still. 13?
I laughed at the little man who asked for my ID, who more than likely was at least 5 years younger than me. His response?
"Sorry, we are just really cracking down on this"?
On what??? Accusing a married woman of being a pre-teen?
Geez.
8 comments:
Hey Heather, If you lay off that Bobbi Brown make-up you could save some bucks at the movies by getting in at the child-rate price!
Reminds me of years ago when I was in the Navy in Newport, RI. I was in this alcoholic beverage store,and the lady would not sell me even when I showed her my Navy ID, and I was 25 at the time.
Now, I thank the gals at Kroger when they card me.
same happened to me and i'm almost 27!
one of my favorite new stories about you.
13 isn't exactly pre-teen. that's why it's called thirTEEN.
i love heather. are you really 24?
i wish i could have heard him say "we are just really cracking down on this". that is hilarious.
i just realized my comment does not really make sense. I actually understand what you were saying. my apologies.
are you still 24?
I feel your pain. I am constantly mistaken as MUCH younger. But, why would a 13 year old have an id to begin with?
Post a Comment