July 6, 2007

parents MIA, perhaps?

Really, people. Where was mom and pops when this went down?

As I was getting ready for work this morning, I heard Meredith on the Today Show talk about an 11 year old girl who was charged with a DUI. Not only was she drunk, she was driving. Not only was she driving, but she led the police on a high speed chase. Few things wrong with this picture.

First of all, SHE IS ELEVEN.

Let's take a look at what Heather was like when she was 11.

1) Barbies. I proabably still played with barbies.
2) I thought you could get pregnant from kissing
3) I thought root beer was 'real beer'
4) I was a member of the H & H club ("Harris and Heather", MSKS' little sis. we were neighbors. we even carved 'H & H' in a tree in their backyard.)
5) My idea of fun was riding my bike in the neighborhood. When I was really feeling risky I wouldn't wear a helmet.

Now I understand that I grew up in a 'bubble', so to speak, but seriously: WHERE WERE HER PARENTS? I think they should be charged with neglect.

That is my news story for the day.

I wish I had a picture of me when I was eleven to share, but I do not.

9 comments:

JordanandSaundersRamsey said...

We really were so naive!!!!! Gotta love that bubble we grew up in!

The Benjamins said...

Jordan- Heather is still in the bubble!
Sad story thought! Where were her parents?

LWolfe said...

my mom wouldn't even let me stay home by myself during the day in HIGH SCHOOL!!! i think you should have to take a test before you are allowed to have children!

mary straton said...

i'm pretty sure the Karatassoses and Tomlinsons probably played with Barbies a little too long.

I heard the H&H club had some fierce hazing.

Katie Walden said...

Hey...I didn't even know 11-year-olds could get drunk! Those two words just don't go together!

Anonymous said...

Heather - I too grew up in a wonderful bubble as a child, riding bikes
and playing hours with Barbies. I wish every child had such a bubble around them. I wish I was still there sometimes especially when you hear news like this.

Anonymous said...

Heather, don't forget that you acted in a video with Camon & Harris. LJLL

Anonymous said...

'The Princess and the Pea', LJLL,. Lest we forget.

- heather

Tracy~ said...

I, too read this and was so sad. I grew up in a bubble, my kids are growing up in a bubble... I want to keep them there as long as possible....
Did you still have the Dorothy Hamill haircut at 11?
Trace~