April 23, 2007

To do, or not to do, that is the question

I am feeling the need to detox.
Yes, cleanse out my system.
How intriguing.

I have being keeping up with Hailey's liver log and I must say, I am tempted to try this for myself. I read her blog as if I am reading an intense thriller novel. It is just so fascinating. Really. FASCINATING.
I have been reading up about the Lemonade Diet (and by "reading up", i mean, i googled it) and I think it sounds like a good thing.
I am feeling a bit sluggish today. Unable to concentrate, tired, un-focused (no, I am not pregnant). They (and by "they", I mean "the lemonade diet people") say this will help these things, among others. What do I have to lose? The tiredness? The blah-ness? BRING IT ON!

But I do have concerns:

1) No mexican for 10 days. CAN I DO IT?
2) Trey likes to eat and living with him and cooking for him may be too tempting
3) gaining weight after the 10-12 days.
4) reporting far too many details of my detoxing experiences on this blog (my mother-in-law is already apalled by my prom dress picture that was posted on here. too many graphic details of this lemonade diet may just push her to the edge.)

On that note:

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY, MRS. PEGGY!

My mother-in-law turned 30 yesterday!
(I am trying to regain the points I lost for wearing that skank dress)


Trey and I (and Sophie) sang a beautiful rendition of the Happy Birthday song to her yesterday morning.
She was born on Earth Day. How appropriate for a woman who was born to garden!

Hope yesterday was fabulous!


Anyway, let me know any thoughts, concerns, praises about this lemonade diet.

6 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

HECK NO!!
Bravo to hailey for being able to do it, but as i said to claire, you aren't allowed to eat mexican...
NO THANK YOU.

Jeremy Knight said...

you, not eat LaFiesta..... ummmmm
not likely my dear

haileyrenea said...

good grief. your mexican will ALWAYS be there when you're done- and you'll appreciate it more, and eat less of it (smaller stomach, my dear).

also, i've been reading up for my own sake about metabolism issues, and i think i'm okay. as long as you don't just binge out for the immediate week following, you'll be just fine.

i'm THRILLED that your considering it. consider this- out of the (literally) hundreds of people's stories i've read, not one regretted it.

i know i know, i'm into peer pressure. what can i say...

Tricia said...

www.drnatura.com

Go there immediately and look at the pictures people have posted OF THEIR POOP. That will talk you out of this detox nonsense.

Hillary Jordan said...

oh my gosh, I checked that site out.. drnatura.com, and it grossed me out! I don't know if it motivated me to do it and clean myself out or to try to talk you out of it heather!

haileyrenea said...

this controversy is just fabulous.

and so are the insides of my intestines now.

ps. i'm about to do a liver flush, because even though you kindly call it my "liver log", my actual "liver log" is about to begin. i'll be drinking some sort of egg and oil extract and laying on my back for awhile. you'll hear all about it.