Ok, so I am copying my sister, MSKS, Anisa, Claire, and Lacey. But I think this is such a great thing to have. My friend, Amy, that I work with has had "her list", as she calls it, for years, and she tells me when she accomplishes items on it. What a great thing. I can see that this would bring great satisfaction and a sense of accomplishment.
My 43 things is super random, like me, I suppose.
Here it is, in no particular order:
My 43 things is super random, like me, I suppose.
Here it is, in no particular order:
- be satisfied with my body - this is a tough one...'if only i was darker, thinner, taller, shorter, blah blah blah' I want to be happy with what God has given me!
- be less self-conscious - again, a tough one. On one hand I don't care really what others think of me, on the other hand, I am always worried that people are judging me. I don't want to care anymore.
- have children - one day. Healthy children...what a blessing. and I want them to be well-mannered and respectful. Oh, and smart and cute.
- paint more - painting relaxes me. I should do it more often.
- take a dance class -don't laugh. As a USM employee I get one free class a semester. They have a GREAT dance program here. I just have to get the courage to join a class with girls actually MAJORING in dance.
- learn to garden - my mother-in-law has an amazing talent for this. Her yard is always beautiful and has been featured in magazines and newspapers. I would love to have a yard that I can be proud of. But right now I tend to kill anything I try to grow. Maybe it will come with time.
- Read more - Trey and I both love to read, but I find myself distracted in doing other things when I have the time to read.
- own an expensive purse - don't know why this would make me so happy, but I feel like it would. Ahhhh....one day.
- be a fabulous hostess - and have many parties People will line up to be able to come to one of my many soirees.
- stay young, even when I am old - for example, my Nana. She refuses to think or act old and I admire that so much. She is active, fun, and young, which I think keeps her healthy and strong. I want to be like that.
- adopt a chinese baby girl - Ok, I know Trey says no to this, and I can't really explain why this is so important to me to do this, but I have for years. Really. I realize that this one may not happen since it takes two, but I can still dream.
- Travel alot - and take many pictures. Trey and I want to travel all over.
- go to NYC again - and see it like a local. Go to all the local spots. I went and did all the "touristy" things (i.e. I climbed to the top of the Statue of Liberty) now I want to act like I live there. Maybe I can get my expensive purse there? I can handle a Chinatown knock-off.
- see my girlfriends more. - We live all over and I miss them so much. I want to make the time to talk to them more and see each other as often as possible.
- Run in a race - I ran cross-country in high school, and since then I have only run in one race. I think I got a little burned out when I was in college and slacked in the running department. I want to pick it back up and run a race for a good cause.
- Volunteer - It makes me feel good when I do it, so I want to do it more.
- do foriegn missions - I have never done this. Trey talks about his trips to mexico and how he showered in filthy places and ate terrible foods, but the rewards were so great. He has amazing pictures of little children holding on to every word that he says. I want to expereince that. To be that much out of my comfort zone...
- play an organized sport - tennis, softball, golf...does golf count? I want to do something. I cheered and played soccer in high school and I miss the practices and team unity. Maybe I will join a tennis league. I am awful at tennis. I will have to practice.
- make sure my husband knows how much I love him every day - I know he knows this, but I want to show Trey through my actions AND words just how much I appreciate him and adore him.
- be stylish. always. - enough said.
- learn about wine - I like wine and I think it would be fun to know which kind goes with what, etc...I would be a wine connoisseur.
- Join a church - I am a member of FBC in Starkville, but I live in Hattiesburg! Trey and I have visted many churches here, but have yet to make one our church home. We are really enjoying this church. I want to be involved in the church.
- be better at remembering birthdays - Laura has a scary gift of remembering ALL birthdays. Even people that we haven't seen in 15 years. I have to have a "birthday box" from hallmark to remember them. and even then, I forget to look. So, if I forget your birthday, know that I love you and I am trying.
- always have fresh flowers in my home. - Laura said this too. What a fun thing. This could brighten any room.
- be known for something great - be it little or large
- always be in love - as much as I am now.
- always be grateful and always count my blessings - I am so blessed and I should constantly be thanking God.
- learn how to sew - My mom sewed our clothes when we were little, and let me say, we were cute in our little smocked dresses. Maybe one day I will learn to smock, but for now I would settle for learning how to hem.
- Get my Master's Degree - I am 9 hours deep. Why can't I just keep going?
- Get and stay organized - you should see my closets.
- be outside more - I love being outside, but when you work 8-5 in an office, it can get tricky to spend time outdoors, especially in the winter when it gets dark at 5:15. I want to find the time. Maybe this will come with my soon to be fabulous gardening skills.
- always have a dog - Sophie has brought so much joy!
- stop judging - It's a nasty habit.
- get and STAY in shape - I used to be. Again, with my running a race, maybe this will happen.
- recycle - seems like such an easy way to make a difference, even if it's a small one. I should do this faithfully.
- celebrate life - I love birthdays and think that they need to be celebrated big time(when I can remember them), but I want to celebrate life everyday. It can easily be taken away.
- Read my Bible more - I hate to admit that this sometimes gets tossed to the side. Should be a priority.
- Be great at my job - Whatever my job is, I don't want to just DO it, I want to be GREAT at it.
- go back to Maine - Trey and I worked several summers in Maine at a camp. I miss it and want to visit again. So many great friends and memories were made.
- make a difference - In some positive way.
- always stay positive - even when it is easy to be negative, I want to be the one to remain positive.
- visit nursing homes often - I LOVE old people. Love them. You can learn alot from them. My Mamaw is in one in Meridian and I hate that I don't make the time to drive there more often to see her.
- hate alarm clocks less - I hate them. Really. Ask Trey. Every morning is a battle.
5 comments:
good list...i'm glad i helped inspire you. :)
Hey Heather! I can't believe that I found you in blogland! I too have a dog named Sophie (maltese) so I know your pain when she went under the knife! She is my world. Hope all is well. Congrats on the wedding...(a little late;)
i LOVE your list!! what a great one.
I want a Romanian baby! Our babies can play together- it will be a very multi-cultural event. The Skaggs and The Butts combined will be a virtually playground melting pot.
good list, Feather. I'm SO with you on the expensive purse. maybe we can get matching Birkin bags.
Post a Comment