April 26, 2007

Just call me Martha Stewart

HOUSEKEEPING TIP FOR THE DAY:
(Don't worry...I will not make this a habit)

Last night I was in one of my cleaning moods. The target: The Kitchen.
I hate the thought of germs lurking around where I cook and eat.
I cleaned out the pantry, fridge (which is now empty), followed by cloroxing the interior and exterior of it, cleaned the stove, did the dishes, etc...

I hate how microwaves smell. All that popcorn/leftovers/hotpocket mixture is disgusting. I cleaned it with my Clorox Anywhere Hard Surface cleaner (doesn't smell too great, but it makes me feel clean...cleans 99.9% of all germs). Even after I wiped it down with the cleaner, it still reminded me of, well, popcorn/leftovers/hotpockets mixed with a greasy/grimmy overcoat. YUCK.

So...enters Martha Stewart.
I steam cleaned my microwave

DIRECTIONS:
Mix 2 cups of water with either
a) a tablespoon of vanilla
b) a few slices of lemon
c) lemon juice

Put in microwavable bowl and heat on high for 5 minutes.

when it is done, simply wipe down the interior of the microwave with a papertowel. TA-DA! CLEAN! and it smells oh so fresh. I used the lemon juice. I would like best, i think, to use real lemons, but I was out.

Now my microwave sparkles and smells just delightful. I think I will do this at least once a week.

6 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

fabulous! you really are martha stewart! (have you noticed that i comment on nearly all of your posts? i hope this doesn't annoy you. get over it if it does)
love you

Katie said...

I knew I loved you! I am going to do this ASAP. Please do make posts like this a regular. I love neat tips!

Unknown said...

What a great idea!!

P.S. Why did you not like to clean when I was your roommate??

Unknown said...

amanda...we lived in a box. Little carpet to vacuum, no kitchen to clean, and let's face it...I'm no good with keeping my clothes clean.

Tricia said...

totally impressed.

Anonymous said...

The apple doesn't fall far from the Melita Tree....LJLL