August 10, 2007

weekend trips and grandparent names

I am so excited about this weekend...we are off to the coast to see Trey's mom and dad. We haven't seen them in so long. Each time we stay at their house I end up falling asleap on a couch way too early. Their house is just so cozy! So, needless to say, I am very much looking forward to a good nap at some point during the stay.

This morning I asked Sophie if she wanted to go see "GiGi and Pops". Trey looked at me like I was stupid, thus resulting in a converstaion about what our dog calls his parents. See, my parent's already have grandparent names. The grand-dogs call them "t-Mack" and "Mama Lita" and Henry -the actual grandson - calls them "Grandaddy" and "Mama Lita". I mean, Henry doesn't call them anything right now, but that is the name that has been given to them.

But Sophie is the first grandchild (or grand-dog) on Trey's side of the family, so I have taken the job very seriously on naming them for future grandkids and grand-dogs. Afterall, Sophie is an excellent writer and writes on all birthday and holliday cards. She must know the proper name to address her grandparents.

We discussed this for a good while this morning as we were getting ready for work. I would say names while talking to Sophie and would look at her expression to see which name she liked the best.

A few we went through: Nannie, Papa, Pops, Memaw, Paw, Gigi, Baby Doll, Lucky, Ron-Ron, Honey.


Our house guest, Morgan, added a few names as well. Thanks, Mo! This only added to Trey's hatred of the morning conversation.Trey was so annoyed/freaked out by the whole conversation that he wouldn't talk for the remainder of the morning. He just went outside and watered the plants. Which, I have included a picture of one of our potted plants. When Trey's mom (the garden queen) gave this plant to us, it was nothing more than a tiny little leaf. Now look at it! It grew a flower!! Just call me "green thumb Heather". (really Trey, I just take pictures)

"I'm coming your way, Baby Doll and Ron-Ron!" -Sophie








11 comments:

JordanandSaundersRamsey said...

Jack has names for his grandparents too!!!!! I love the flower!!!! It's soooo pretty! Hope you have a great weekend!! Love you!

LWolfe said...

i take this very seriously as well. My grandparents have outstanding names, Mamer and Mert, can it get more creative than that? Travis on the other hand calls his Grandma and Grandpa Wolfe and Jackson. boring! I have named his parents Grammy and Pops, which he hates. However, I think his parents like their names. I have also threatened his little brother with his life if he gets married and has a kid before we do! That will not happen! I feel your pain, H-Joy, we have had the discussion as well.

The Benjamins said...

I like the names Baby Doll and Ron Ron! I am sad you are going to be here this weekend and we are going to be out of town! Ivy Kate misses her Aunt Heather---lots!

Anisa said...

oh yes...matty our cat has grandparent names for my parents also...grandmama and grandpapa. they definitely do not love these names but i love saying them very snobbishly. it's more for me because i think it's hilarious.

Little Daddy said...

Wallie,

What does my grandpuppy, Maggie, call me? Has she heard MP call me Poppy?

mary straton said...

my mom has names picked out, but I'm not allowed to tell what they are. She's afraid someone will steal them.

Adelia said...

If Henry is like Cooper he won't call your parents what they want him too. Cooper refuses to call mama Grammy even though that is what Braden has always called her. He calls her GiGi and will argue when she tries to get him to say Grammy. They have a mind of their own!

LT (and Max) said...

i'm sure mrs. peggy will appreciate being called "baby doll" haha

Tricia said...

While Morgan is staying with you, you should definitely recruit her for blogging. I think it would be great if every person in the world had their own blog. Get started on that with Morg.

The Texas VicHorns said...

I HAVE BEEN STALKING YOU LONGER.

Tracy~ said...

How did they like Baby Doll and Ron-Ron?! :)