August 3, 2007

We gonna party like it's yo birfday



Tomorrow is a wonderful day, I tell ya. For many reasons. The obvious one being that it is Saturday. But did you know that it is also Adelia's birthday?

So, Adelia, in honor of your upcoming birthday I have written a short poem.

Adelia, Adelia, or as some call you: "D"
Yes you are my cousin but you are so much more to me.
Growing up you put up with all my bratty ways
you were even my friend on my really bad days.

You are fun and funky and smart and sweet
You are the kind of person everyone wants to meet.
You and Laura have so much in common, that's true
But I would like to highlight a few things that I have in common with you.

First there is our grandmother - she is the same lady
Oh I know! We also both have a daddy.
We both were born in the state of Mississippi
And we both grew up with some type of doggie.


That's all I've got for us, I must not lie
But regardless, you'll be a very best friend 'til the day I die.
I am really glad we are cousins, but more, I'm glad your my friend,
because as friends and families go, you are truly a godsend.

So Happy Birthday to you, my sweet D!
I hope you know how special you are to me!!

LOVE YOU ADELIA! HOPE TOMORROW IS A BLAST!



9 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

happy birthday adelia! :) (what's wrong with heather? seriously)

Sam H said...

Mississippi does not rhyme with doggie....

Unknown said...

i don't like you anymore, sam.

haileyrenea said...

heather!!!! write me a poem on my birthday please!!!

i'm serious. i don't care if we've never hung out. you can make stuff up.

h

ps- it's december 16

Adelia said...

Thanks so much Heather! I love my birthday poem. I think all the words rhyme perfectly. I'm sorry we didn't have more in common for you to work with. Love ya tons.

Anna Little said...

Heather = ridiculous.


Ridiculously CUTE!!!! I miss you tons.

ps- And it probably equals ridiculous a little bit too. Sorry.

The Benjamins said...

We are going to be in Tupelo this weekend. Why...are you coming here?

The Segrest Family said...

you can hug my child anyday. =)
he is very huggable =)

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

I'm proud to say that I taught heath everything she knows about poetry. You make me proud, possumm!