August 24, 2007

Goin' to da' club

School is back in session. There are students everywhere, which makes for an interesting walk around campus.

Often times I am mistaken for a student here at Southern Miss. Case point #1: While taking pictures of the sorority girls moving in to their new house I was asked which one I pledged. I responded "Kappa Delta," -insert long pause here- "In 2001 at State."

I especially get the "what year are you" on Fridays, which has been coined "Casual Fridays" by the boss-man. This means I get to throw my skirts and blouses to the wayside and wear blue jeans.

Today I was walking from the union back to my office in my jeans when a young gentleman approached me. Now, I am not one for judging and stereotyping people before I know them, but if I had to guess: this man was not named Bill or Thomas. I am going to go ahead for the sake of the story and name him "JaVante". Now, JaVante had long dreads. Very yeah man-Jamaican-like. Anyway, JaVante was standing on the sidewalk handing out small flyers. As I walked by, he approached me with his flyer saying "All the new students will be here". Cool. Count me in. Can my husband come too? I took the flyer without speaking and put it in my purse. I was on a mission after all - Lunch. No time to read nonsense flyers.

It wasn't until I got back to my office that I took the time to read what this fine man, JaVante, was passing out. Information about "CLUB NASHVILLE".

First of all, if the mental picture of a honkey-tonk country bar comes in your head, get it out immediately. I do not think that Club Nashville is such a place. No,readers, by the looks of the flyer, Country music will not be played in this Nashville bar.

Now I realize that I may not be the hippest chick in Hattiesburg, but I have never heard of CLUB NASHVILLE in all my life. If you readers out there are familiar, please fill me in. I am out of the know. I shall not describe in detail the pictures that were on these flyers for fear that my blog will be reported, but I will go ahead and say that very voluptuous females in minimal clothing drinking what appeared to be some sort of glow-in-the-dark martini were the main attraction. The best part of Club Nashville? " Ladies get in for $2.00 all night". Score. Cheap date for Trey! DJ Sweat is performing tonight at this fine establishment which only means one thing: a rockin' good time.

I haven't discussed this with Trey, but I think it's safe to say:
CLUB NASHVILLE HERE WE COME!

9 comments:

mary straton said...

who the devil is DJ Sweat?

Little Daddy said...

Did a little checking on the internet and as yet Club Nashville has not set up a website -- not that I think they would. But it sounds to me that yall might just have a good old time.

Being a little familiar with Hattiesburg, I would assume this place is not out on 98 -- maybe down off Pine somewhere. I think I have my highway and street right -- it's been a long time since I have been there.

Unknown said...

your guess is as good as mine. apparently a hit with 'that' crowd.

The Texas VicHorns said...

DJ Sweat??? He must be related to Keath Sweat. Or maybe he is such a fly DJ that people are guaranteed to sweat with him at the turntables.

you are going to have a pimp time. fo shizzle

LT (and Max) said...

i want to meet javonte.

Anonymous said...

i can totally picture you telling me this story in person. you crack me up! i get mistaken for a HS student on a field trip all the time when i am at work. i hate it. i'm sure i will love that i look 16 when i am 50, but not now.

Tricia said...

I just discovered the Starkville version of "Club Nashville." It's about 4 miles down North Montgomery and it's called "Club Rock." JaVante sounds a lot like my new friends Quonton, Meiocshionyia (pronounced Mee-oh-she-ah-nuh... go figure), and Shankeryia.

JordanandSaundersRamsey said...

I about peed in my pants reading this post! Please give us all an update if you and Trey ventured to Club Nashville!!!!

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

So how was it? Did DJ Sweat rock the house or what?