August 13, 2007

The musical star and the car-dealer

So Baby-Doll and Ron-Ron weren't too sure about their names, understandably so. Sophie is still thinking about it.

On Sat. afternoon Mrs. Peggy (the mother-in-law) treated me to lunch and a movie with Trey's Aunt and cousin. So fun. THANKS, MRS. PEGGY! We saw Hairspray which only added to my love for all things musical. I have secretly wanted to star in a musical for quite sometime now and although I cannot sing, I plan on pursuing this one day. That along with becoming Snow White at Disney World. I have a busy life planned. I will let you know how that turns out. I bought the Hairspray soundtrack to practice for my big debut.

I have not gotten any better and Trey is already a little sick of the show tunes. Oh well.

In other news, the Skaggs family purchased a new vehicle this weekend. This was no small feat, mind you. No, Trey turned into some sort of negotiating professional as we (he) talked our way down $1,000s of dollars. I loved my Camry and found no need to trade it in, but money-man turned negotiator felt differently. "The warrenty is almost up. We can refinance and have a lower monthly payment on a new car". What-ev. Just let me know where to sign.
Needless to say, we got to the Honda dealership in Gulfport Friday around 5:00. By 8:30 when Trey was fighting his way for a $15.00 lower payment per month, I knew that it was not going to be an easy task. So he slept on it. He slept on $15.00 more a month. Really? I am so thankful for him; I would have taken the first offer. Anyway, long story short, we decided against the Civic Hybrid. We would have to drive 500,000 miles to justify the price difference, as since I don't plan on driving to Egypt and back anytime soon, it did not seem worth it. So we bought an Altima. I love it. I just think it's cool because it has a push-start button. I mean, you don't even need a key! Just push a button. Cool. Trey likes it because we got an amazing deal and low, low interest. I am glad he knows what he is talking about.

Moral of the story: Trey now thinks he is a professional car shopper with impeccable negotiating skills and told me on the way home that he can't wait to do it again. Geez.

(L) saying good-bye to the Camry. (supposed to be a sad/kissy face. Turned out a little ghetto. oops)

(R) Saying HELLO to the new car!

11 comments:

The Manning Family said...

Our first car was a '95 Altima and we LOVED that thing!! My hubby would still be driving it if some crazy woman hadn't totaled it while she was trying to park her own car in a spot where there wasn't even a space to do it. Our 'baby' was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I would love to get another one, but the minivan serves the three girls a lot better! Congrats on the new ride!

The Benjamins said...

Cute story! Glad you had fun in Gulfport! Can't wait to see the new car!

Adelia said...

Can I rent Trey out when I have to buy a new car (which is likely to be sooner than later since I have had my car since I graduated community college!)? I am scared to death of getting a new car and have no idea how to start.

LT (and Max) said...

"hey, my name is heather and i want to be just like my sister laura, because she drives an altima. she's awesome"

you're seriously gonna love that car. i'm still in love with mine and it's 4 years old.

Little Daddy said...

Great car -- Melinda has a 2005 Altima, and she loves it. I think Laurette likes hers too.

We needed Trey when we went to Homer Skelton to buy it -- I think that Homer saw us coming, if you know what I mean.

JordanandSaundersRamsey said...

Trey sounds just like Saunders. When we bought our car he stayed at the dealership ALL DAY LONG!!!! Needless to say, it's definitely not my cup of tea, but Saunders loves it!!! He thinks it's the best game ever! I'm so happy for ya'll!!! Congrats on the new car.

Tracy~ said...

Congrats on the new car and the great deal! :)

I'm still going to be on Broadway one day. Maybe I'll see you there!

Trace~

mary straton said...

i don't think there is a road that leads to egypt.

The Texas VicHorns said...

heather, you could come visit vic and me 250 times. that would have justified the civic purchase. maybe you should call me next time.

broadway musical? what happened to fire chief??

Jenny Ruth said...

Congrats on the new car purchase! That's so fun!! And the fact that your husband feels great about the deal is even better :) Enjoy!!

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

I have an Altima too! but no push button...perhaps an upgrade I shall seek.