Yesterday I went to Clinton to see the cutest little thing in the world, Henry, of course. I haven't seen him in almost a month which is unacceptable anyway you look at it. He is cuter than I imagined. I think he loves me more now, too. When I got there he smiled and held out his arms for his Aunt Heather. I melted. I am really worried that I won't be able to love a child more than this one. I have talked to my mother about this concern of mine, but she has assured me that when I have a child of my own I will love him/her/it more than I could ever imagine. I will just have to wait and see about that. I don't know if it is possible. When Henry smiles wide-mouthed showing his two bottom teeth and I swear I would do anything for him. He is such a big boy now! Crawling everywhere...and so fast! He does not like to sit still anymore. He is a very active little boy. We were playing in his play room and he crawled over to his toy chest, pulled himself up to standing position and proceeded to pull all his toys out one by one and threw them onto the floor. Smart kid. I am pretty sure that's advanced for a 9 month baby. I don't know, I am no doctor, I just report as I see it. He also likes to eat...a lot. Kid after my own heart.
Why no pictures, you ask? Because I am a ding-bat and left my camera. I called Trey and asked if he would meet me half-way between H'burg and Jackson and he said no. Can you believe that? He wouldn't leave work to bring me my camera for my afternoon visit. Oh well. His cuteness is forever embedded into my brain. You readers will just have to wait.

I bought him the cutest little onesie a couple of weeks ago and finally was able to give it to him. He loved it, I am sure. He looked so cute in it. Check out the site where I ordered it: http://www.babyfacedesign.blogspot.com/. TOO CUTE! She did a great job on it. He looked adorable. His is green with the blue writing, and says Henry, of course.
In birthday news: I stupidly (is that a word? should be) reported that Ronnie and Amy's birthday was on Friday of last week. It wasn't. It was on Saturday. Trey knew all along and let me post a birthday poem anyway without telling me of my mistake. Sweet boy. SOO...Amy and Ronnie, I hope that SATURDAY was a fabulous birthday! Your cards are still on the way! I just know how hard it is to come down from a birthday high, so I am prolonging the festivities.
8 comments:
can't believe you forgot the camera. i'll see him this weekend so i'll be the responsible, good aunt who takes pictures of him. :)
love the outfit you bought him. stop kissing up to him though...he likes me better.
How fun is that little onesie?!? Aunt-hood is overtaking my life as well. I mean, she's on my header. I need to get a life. Wait a second, who am I kidding? No I don't!
Regardless, I think you are safe. Dean is heading to Mexico.
I understand your no-camera blues. I absolutely HATE it when I am with Lainey and don't have a camera. Hunter tells me I'm going to permanently blind my niece if I don't stop with the snapshots, but I don't think that's going to happen. He's ridiculous.
Love and miss you!
When aunt-hood overtook my life via baby Trey Skaggs, I spent hours on weekends taking his picture(s) with my new 35 mm...We would have enjoyed y'all Saturday; the food at Lookout 49 was great and the ice cream cake afterward (from Marble Slab) was delicioso...ask Amy what all she got; that girl really racks up when it comes to presents! Love, Aunt Darlene
I can't believe Trey wouldn't meet you half way with the camera! I know you had a blast playing with Henry!
Thanks for the shout out. My little boy lives in these. To make you feel better about not having your camera -Next time you see him you can send me the picture of him in the outfit that you got him and I will put it on my blog for his first modeling debute. I would love to have little Henry model for me!
Your mom is right. You really do find enough love for the next baby. I didn't think it was possible to love anyone as much as Braden but miracles happen and now that Cooper is here, I love him just as much as I have ever loved Braden. It will come I promise.
great. now dean is headed for me since i practically live in mexico. send supplies my way!!!
so glad that you used renee to get henry an outfit! she is one of my bestest friends!
and i feel you on the whole "how will i love my own more than my nephew/niece?"
i had this problem with my neice abby (now 4 and 1/2) she was my obsession - and will continue to be my only girl - and chad was really concerned when i was pregnant with camp that i would have a hard time taking care of someone other than abby!
but no worries. now im obsessed with my own plus my niece and 3 nephews!
Post a Comment