August 17, 2007

birthday wishes and buttercup dreams...

It is officially day one of a two day move-in weekend for the residence halls, which equalls to long days in the extreme heat. I have been videoing and picture taking most of the morning, but during my last trip to one of the freshmen halls it dawned on: TODAY IS AN IMPORTANT BLOG DAY - i must put work aside and take the time to blog.

So here I am.

Today is the day-o-birth of two fabulous people: AMY (Trey's cousin) and RONNIE ( father-in-law extraordinaire)

So in light of the day that brought us these two fine people, and in lieu of fine presents and gifts, I have written a double poem:

Oh Birthday people, how hot today is
I am sweating outside, it is so les-mis.
But today, even with heat, is a special time
to wish OH HAPPY DAY to two friends of mine:

Ronnie, Ronnie, you are the man
Trey and I are your biggest fan
Happy thoughts and wishes are sent your way
hoping you have the most wonderful day.

Amy, sweet Amy, may your day shine so bright
I hope your presents are just out of sight.
Make your mama bake a cake just for you
'Cause Trey and I think for cousin Amy, only the best will do.

These kids, found on google.com, wish you a HAPPY DAY!


HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY , RONNIE AND AMY!!!

Post Script: You both do, indeed, have cards on the way, and by "on the way" i mean they are sitting on my kitchen counter. Fair warning: I spilt Clorox on them, so they are kinda messy now. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

No comments: