My nana, whom I talked about a lot for several reasons, but the main one being that she wears metalic pants and paints her glasses with finger nail polish to match her clothes, flew on a airplane for the first time today.
(nana, in her her metalic pants)
She and my parents flew to Orlando for a family wedding. Am I there...noooooooooooooo. Boo. But that is not the point of this post. The point is, the airline company made this one little old lady's day. I shall never call her a little old lady again, however. Do you know her? She is far from a little old lady. A spunky adult, yes, fragile ederly woman? negative.
This trip has been planed for months. And months ago did Nana start planning. When I was packing for my trip to Colorado and Las Vegas (in March) she, too, was packing for her trip (in May) Yes, she has been packed for this long weekend for over 2 months. Each time I talk to her on the phone (which is basically daily) she talks about flying and has many questions.
"should I pack nabs?" "Should I pack coca-cola?" "How many purses should I pack?"
This trip has been planed for months. And months ago did Nana start planning. When I was packing for my trip to Colorado and Las Vegas (in March) she, too, was packing for her trip (in May) Yes, she has been packed for this long weekend for over 2 months. Each time I talk to her on the phone (which is basically daily) she talks about flying and has many questions.
"should I pack nabs?" "Should I pack coca-cola?" "How many purses should I pack?"
She is just hilarious. I am dying to know what she wore for the flight. Clothes are very important to her. When Kristen got married in 2003, Nana was flustered by how many parties and showers there were for her attend. Not that she would tire out, oh no, she was worried about what to wear. It worried her so much that after the wedding, so ordered several dresses for future weddings and showers, 'just in case'. Hilarious.
So I talked to my mom a minute ago and they landed in Orlando. I asked if Nana had fun. the answer: a blast. She wants to do it again. I am thinking a New York girl's trip is on the horizon. Me + Laura + Kristen + Mama + Nana in New York. This needs to happen.
I hope I am spunky when I am 82 years old.
8 comments:
I've been wanting to know what you would come up with for U! Nana and I should have flown together...since I have never flown before! I am terrified!
I love Nana. she signed my wedding gift "Nana Tomlinson."
Also, I believe she probably said Co-cola.
She coined the term "sit-around" for anything that just sits around on your coffee table, etc.
Orlando! You should have snuck into their luggage!
I absolutely LOVE Nana!!!! She is probably one of my favorite nana's ever!!!! PLEASE post what she wore on the plane...I am dying to know!!! :)
Okay - your whole family is cute! What a precious lady she is.
oh don't worry...
nana went shopping in columbus earlier this week and bought a new outfit JUST for the plane ride. she had it hanging on her bedroom door all week, along with a matching necklace. no doubt she was the cutest one on the plane.
and YES, we definitely need to go to NY soon!
Just stopped by to wish you a Happy Birthday!
Nana is the coolest ever!!! LJLL
Post a Comment