May 20, 2008

little bird gets engaged


I have a friend. I mean, I have many friends, but this story is about one of them:
Little Bird.

Her legal name is Kate. Katherine Kennedy Northrop, to be exact. But we affectionatly call her Little Bird. I know no reason why we do this other than she is very tiny, like a little bird.
Friday night she and my good friend, Toby, got engaged. It could not have been more perfect! Toby is a State Representative, and told Kate Friday afternoon that their Friday evening date plans must be cancelled - he had been called into special session and had to report to Jackson. Kate called me furious at the Mississippi legislature. It was just hilarious. I was very proud of myself for playing it cool and agreeing that being called to Jackson on a short notice was just wrong.

Toby had other plans, of course. None of which included special session. He had very creatively and precisly mapped out a scavenger hunt for his soon-to-be-bride. Trey and I were at stop number 4. I was told by Trey to not open my mouth - that I would give away everything. Looking back, he was probably right. But as it turns out, Kate got suscipous when she saw me because I, according to her "was dressed up and looked nice". Awesome. So apparently I normally look like chopped liver.

Anyway, at the last stop, Toby was there. I am sure sweet things were said. Then after the proposal, he took her to the Boom Boom Room, a bar downtown, where all their friends were there ready to help celebrate! It was so fun.

Some of the girls. Kinds dark, but I like the colors.


Toby and Kate celebrating their engagement


Some of the girls holding up little bird. Not sure why.

I am so happy for them and can not wait for October! LOVE YOU, KATE and TOBY! (but really more love to Kate) I think now would be the perfect time to start a blog. I am just saying.

CONGRATS soon to be MR. and MRS. BARKER!

7 comments:

John Wesley Leek said...

This is GREAT news! I'm so happy for them. (J. Leek)

John Wesley Leek said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
John Wesley Leek said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
John Wesley Leek said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
John Wesley Leek said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
John Wesley Leek said...

I apologize for that. My connection was slow and apparently I sent if 5 times. You can delete the extras, plus this one if you'd like.

Tracy~ said...

Congrats to your friends! I love the bright colors, too!