May 19, 2008

Hello, new job. I am Heather.

I got a new job.

I was told about a way cool job about a month ago. Was told to send my resume in. So I did. They called on my birthday (cinco de mayo, if you recall) and asked to come in for an interview. So I did. I walked into the building, located downtown, and thought I had stepped in to New York City. It was love at first sight. So I interviewed for about an hour and a half. they called me a week later, while I was on a work retreat, no less, and offered me the position.

I start 2 weeks from today. June 2nd. I can't wait.

It was hard telling the people I now work with that I am leaving. they have all been so great to me through the years. I have learned a lot and gained tons of experience, but I now leave the university and head to RARE Design.

I get to wear trendy cool clothes. I must go shopping. I sent my mom my 'shopping bag' via email, but she conveniently could not open it. Whatev. I shall try it again. I already cleaned my closet of boring "business-casual" attire and invested in 2 new pairs of good jeans. That's a start, I guess. I have no tops. My mom recommended going topless, but I say it's too early in the relationship. Maybe by Christmas.
I kid.

No, really, I am so excited (and a wee-bit nervous) about taking on this new role. It should be exciting and rewarding and I simply can not wait.

So now I just have to wrap up some things here and I am off to the next chapter in my life: RARE Design. By all means, check out the website. Please look under 'what' at the client list. This is going to be fun.

14 comments:

Nan said...

Wow. You are working at RARE? I am so J. I would love to be a designer there if I were still in the burg. I think I know a few of the designers there..

mary straton said...

Yay! That is great. Go Feather!

LT (and Max) said...

perhaps you would like to borrow some of my themed teacher sweaters and matching socks. i have a sweater for every occasion.
(note to readership: this is a JOKE. i do not believe in these teacher sweaters).
you will be cute no matter what.
and you're smart.
pumped for you! CONGRATS!!!!!!

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

yay heather! way to go. maybe you could make something cute for redwood roofing? get right on that, ok?

Nan said...

ha..I forgot to say CONGRATS first!

brad, amanda, and brody said...

congrats! that looks like SUCH a fun place!!!

The Benjamins said...

Congrats! I'm jealous! Looks like a cool place! Glad I got to talk to you today! :)

Kelli said...

CONGRATS Heather! I am so proud of you!! Don't forget to tell them that I taught you everything that you know! I'm just kidding! You will do a FAB job. They will be so happy they hired you! So exciting!

Samantha said...

Gah. Both you AND amy. My life will be void of your greatness.

However! CONGRATULATIONS! I looked at the website and it looks amazing. You are uber talented, so I know you will do fantastic!

Good Luck!

Unknown said...

Yea Heather!

I am so excited for you...I know you will be such an asset to their company!

love you and miss you!

Katie said...

That is so awesome! I loved their website! I cant imagine how excited you are!

Anisa said...

CONGRATS!!! That is fabulous news!

Tracy~ said...

That's fantastic! Congrats to you!!! I think you'll be fabulous. You'll have to post pics of all of your new clothes :)

Leigh Ann said...

Congratulations, Heather!

You might now be the coolest person I know.