April 2, 2008

Can I change my B...

To BAD week?
I guess it's true what they say: when it rains, it pours!
Yesterday morning while we were at work (between 8 am and noon) our house was robbed. Thank GOODNESS Sophie was ok. That was my first question - how she was. Bless her heart. she had to have been so scared! He (or she, they, whatever) locked Sophie in the back bedroom. We found her under the bed crying. It broke my heart, but I am just thankful they didn't hurt or take her. I guess a maltipoo wasn't what they were after.

They emptied all our drawers and closets, so the house is a wreck. They had to be dissapointed in what they found. I mean, we have one TV and it is from the early 90s and little other valuable items. They did get away with all of Trey's hunting weapons and other stuff. Oh well. It's just that - stuff. I am just happy we weren't home and they left Sophie alone.

THEN last night I droped my cell phone in the toilet! So I went this morning to get another one and they lady wanted to charge me $115. What? I didn't pay anything for my phone! It kinda tipped me over the edge and I started crying in the phone store. She laughed, which only made me mad. I told her to stop laughing at me, then took my ruined phone and walked out of the store.
Hphmmm.
So now I don't have a cell phone. We will go pay the money and get another one, I know, but it was the principle. They are charging me more than I paid - doesn't seem fair to me!
I have learned a week ago tomorrow that you cannot always trust all people. My house getting broken into just solidified that new idea. I know I will feel safe again, but in the meantime I am sleeping with the lights on.
I guess things can only go up from here!
PS - Thanks to all those out there who have been thinking about and praying for my family over this past week. We really do feel it and appreciate it!

23 comments:

Wade's World said...

I'm so sorry Heather. I'm praying for you...

jgaskin said...

Heather,
So sorry to hear that about your house, but having my Sophie I can tell you that I would have been a nervous wreck knowing she was there when they broke it. I am glad that she is ok. I hope all goes well for the rest of the week. Praying for you!

jgaskin said...

Heather,
So sorry to hear that about your house, but having my Sophie I can tell you that I would have been a nervous wreck knowing she was there when they broke it. I am glad that she is ok. I hope all goes well for the rest of the week. Praying for you!

The Benjamins said...

Oh my gosh! I am glad Sophie is okay! Your week is going to get better! :)

LT (and Max) said...

ugh. my week has been poo poo too. we need a vacation together.

Nan said...

Oh my gosh! Thats terrible! I'm so sorry that happened to ya'll. I'm just glad you and your little Sophie-poo are ok.

Hillary Jordan said...

Geez, can it get any worse??? Your family has been on my mind lately. I can't believe you got robbed! I know you are so grateful that Sophie wasn't hurt. I'm praying for you and Laura both...

Anonymous said...

how horrible! i'm glad sophie was okay too. give her loves for me. i know it was scary!

Tracy~ said...

I hate that your house was broken into but I am SO thankful that Sophie was okay. It's hard to feel safe when something like that happens.

That lady at the phone store needs to be complained about. I'll call her manager! So rude of her to laugh when you were clearly hurting. BOO!

Hope your week gets better as well as for your fam.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you guys --- the good news is there is always a rainbow after the storm.

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

lt told me about the break in- yipes! i'm glad you are all safe. your fam is still in our prayers!

Regina said...

Oh my goodness gracious, bless your heart sweetie! I am SO glad that darling little Sophie was OK, I can't imagine how scared she must have been! And I am grateful that it happened while you were both away and not in the home. God is so good! I will continue to pray for your family that God will just bring overwhelming sense of peace to your lives.

Anisa said...

so sorry your house was broken in to! that is awful, but definitely great that sophie is OK. you and laura sound like you do need a vacation together!

Anisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelli said...

Heather,
I don't even know what to say! I am so thankful that you, Trey and Sophie are okay. Ugh. I am praying for your fam.

Tricia said...

oh my gosh! I had no idea heather! I'm glad ya'll are ok and that's Sophie is not hurt! Agh! Scary!

Unknown said...

Yuck yuck yuck!

I guess I cant call you anymore this week...boo on that too!

Anyway, you can get a "go" phone from Walmart for $19.99 and put your sim card in it. Blake and Megan both have used them!

love you!

John Wesley Leek said...

Or C as in Crap! Wow.

JordanandSaundersRamsey said...

Love you!

Renee Guest said...

I'm so sorry!!!
My mom has a miniture maltese that looks just like Sophie and my mom was burglarized 2 weeks ago. I know exactly how you feel. YOu just don't know how they were treated. So sad!!!!
They actually caught the guys that robbed my mom b/c they left fingerprints ( they through a rock through her back window and got fingerprints of them going back out) and they tracked her jewelry to a pawn shop. It was in Flowood! I pray that GOD comes into these peoples lives - they must be really sick and/or on drugs to do something like that.

I'm soooo sooo sorry!!

brad, amanda, and brody said...

So glad yall are ok and weren't there when the gun stealers came.(I bet they're just hunters that liked Trey's guns)just kidding. I'm happy little Sophie was ok.

Go get a go phone like Amanda said- I had to do that for a little while when my phone was messed up and the cheapest new one would be like $200! ridiculous...

The Texas VicHorns said...

Heather! I am so sorry. The same thing happened to Vic and I a few weeks ago. It took me a little while to start feeling safe again. I hope you are doing ok. You are right...it is just stuff. I'm thankful no one was hurt!

Christi said...

You know what...when it rains it pours! I'm just now getting around to cathcing up on blogs. Like I told Laura, I don't know what I would do without my dogs! I hate that yours had to go through all that! Michael had all of his hunting gear stolen from our camper at the camp, so I feel you on that...not cheap to replace either! So sorry!