February 8, 2007

A Tale of A Chi

Ok...So, If you do not enjoy pity stories, you might want to skip this post.

However, if you are in the mood for a sad story, I suggest you continue. But I should warn you, it contains graphic detail.



Here it is:
Every morning it is the same things: ( I will bullet it for easier reading)



  • Trey and I get up at 5:40 to work out (I HAD to put that in the story. This is a new thing, and I am pretty proud of this fact, so yes, I am bragging. this has nothing to do with the story)

  • We get home about 6:45 and begin our morning routine of getting ready for work.

  • Trey showers first while I play/feed Sophie and eat oatmeal

  • After my shower I put my make-up on. (which is fun. I got Bobbi Brown for my birthday. Bobbi works wonders. Again, nothing to do with the tale, I am just trying to make myself feel better)


  • THEN.....I blow dry and straigten my hair. This is where the real story begins. I plug in my CHI and
    BOOM !
    it explodes.
    Yes, you heard correct. My chi died this morning. Fire sparks, black hands, the whole works. It even singed my ring. It was a sad/scary moment in the home of the Skaggs'.
Only, the story doesn't end there. I explain to Trey (in a panic, I might add) that I MUST get a new Chi ASAP. My hair simply doesn't work without this essential product. So he says (calmly, i might add) "It's ok. Just go to Wal-Mart and get one tonight. They are probably about $15 or $20, right?" AHHHHHH!!!!! Does he understand this tragedy? NO they are not $15 and YES my hair is horrible today.


So, I explain that CHI's cost more than that so he concludes that a Wal-greens brand of straigtners will suffice. Was he kidding??? Was this a joke???? I don't understand.

No, a wal-greens brand will not suffice. I must have a chi. And it must be soon.
So, the moral of the story....

  1. I am, in fact, a hair straightner snob


  2. It is best not to inform your husband of the cost of beauty (did I really just write that?)
    And, last, but not least,


  3. NEVER leave a CHI in the sight of a teething puppy. For she/he WILL indeed chew through the cord causing an exploison.

    Now...If you will....a moment of silence for my loss.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm TOTALLY with you on that one! minnie chewed through the wire on my tourmaline t3...it was a sad day. i hate that you have bad hair today. i will keep you in my thoughts :)

LT (and Max) said...

what a sob story! that really is tragic...that would be like me having to "curly hair" products.
so sad. you should just steal kristen's next time you're in clinton.
thinking about you during this difficult time.

Unknown said...

Heather, I am so sorry about your loss. I know it is going to be difficult to make it through the day, but we are all thinking about you. And you can tell Jean Thomas, III, that:
1. You aren't a snob, you just like nice things;
2. Isn't he glad you take the time,energy, and money to be as beautiful as possible. God graced you with good looks, it is just up to you, Bobbi Brown, and chi to enhance them;
3. We let Bandit chew on used up toilet paper rolls. He is dumb enough to think they are chewing rings...Just a thought;
and
4. (I know you didn't have a four, but I have one more point) Thank goodness Sophie wasn't chewing on the cord when you plugged it in. Then you would have a singed ring and Puppy!
Love~

The Overstreets said...

Hey Heather!

Just found your blog.. so glad to have another to stalk!

Anonymous said...

Well, I was going to tell you that you can send your Chi back to the Chi people and they will replace it, but if it is from Sophie chewing it they might not take it back. I've had to send one back before, but that does not help you in the meantime. Boys just don't understand the cost of things. I will be thinking of you today and your not straight hair! Love you! Ashley

Anonymous said...

People in nearby offices are looking at me funny because I am laughing so hard. I'm sorry about chi, but alas, I was spellbound.

Jenny said...

so sorry for your loss! that really is very sad, and NO, husbands don't understand the cost of beauty. thinking of you and your nappy hair.:)