February 28, 2007

The age of the teen.

It's official...there are no more teenagers in the Tomlinson family. Jake is 20! He has looked older than me for quiet some time now. When he was in the 8th grade and I was a freshman at state, I had a girl down the hall in my dorm ask if he was my boyfriend. No...he is my cousin and he 14. Thanks.
I LOVE YOU, JAKE!
Hope yesterday was the best. Trey and I are practicing the happy birthday song to sing to you in person...we bo
th felt that yesterday's phone tune was not up to par.

While we on the subject of teenagers:
I composed a brief list
Reasons I am glad that I am no longer a teenager:
  1. My parents can not ground me anymore. (I was grounded a lot for my "attitude". pa-lease)

  2. No more curfews
  3. I would not go back to the day I wore that 2-piece prom dress for anything

  4. Math was required in school
  5. I drove a car that fell apart on a daily basis
  6. There was a time in my teenage life that I both glittered my face and wore backless tops. geez. (yes, I am embarssed about this fact. Don't judge me)

Reasons that I wish I could be a teenager again:

  1. I didn't pay bills when I was a teenager (ok, well, Trey does them now, but some of it is MY money!)

  2. It was easier to ask for money from the parentals
  3. Let's face it...I was thinner

that's all really.









4 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

here's what i have to say about that:

-i was never grounded
-i never had a curfew
-i NEVER EVER wore a 2 piece prom dress
-i was decent at math
-i miss my dante
-I HAVE ALWAYS HATED GLITTER AND WOULD NEVER WEAR A BACKLESS SHIRT!

Unknown said...

and here's what i have to say about that:
-i also was never grounded,
-my curfew was 11:23 until my senior year, now that's embarassing,
-you loved every minute of your two-piece prom dress (LT, I thought EVERYONE at SA HAD to wear a 2-piece! Thanks for proving that theory wrong!!)
-i took math as an elective my senior year,
-you also had a car in college that broke down at malfunction junction, and every five minutes after that,
and finally,
- i still enjoy wearing glitter from time to time...Don't Judge That!

Anonymous said...

You were grounded for most of our high school years. I can't say that I never wore a 2 piece prom dress (I think I almost wore a bathing suit my junior year- UGH...what were we thinking!) Love you- Ashley

Jenny said...

you keep me laughing funny girl.:)