Construction is still underway as we speak. We gutted the bathroom (thank goodness!), tore down the wall between the kitchen and living room and closed up the existing doorway to the kitchen from the dining room. I don't think I could have handled anything more! It is driving me absolutely crazy that my house is covered in sawdust. So messy. My inner-melita is coming out and I have a sudden urge to pick up a mop and broom and not put it down until my whole life is in order. I realize that those of you out there who have been through MAJOR remodeling might think I am am wimp and exaggerating. I don't care. I don't like the dust. BUT, it will all be worth it (it already is!) but my tiny bit of OCD is coming out more and more as I stare at the 2 1/2 inch deep dust that surrounds my life right now.
It is not finshed yet - the drywall is still drying in the bathroom and no paint has been put up yet, but I have been asked to show the pictures thus far - so here you go!! I can't wait to share the final product! I never knew I would get so excited about a new toilet.
It is not finshed yet - the drywall is still drying in the bathroom and no paint has been put up yet, but I have been asked to show the pictures thus far - so here you go!! I can't wait to share the final product! I never knew I would get so excited about a new toilet.
Anyway, here are pictures from our kitchen and living room. Yes, we have a VERY bright yellow kitchen. I painted it that color when we moved in. When we bought the house, the walls were the darkest wood you ever saw. I mean, the cabinets, walls, everything was this depressing dark wood. So I decided to paint it the polar opposite. I went overboard. Oops. Will be repainted (and remodeled) soon! Our whole point of this project is to sell it in about a year and make a profit - I think we will succeed in our goal!
BEFORE:
(with the island and bakers rack pushed to the middle of the room!)
DURING:
ALMOST COMPLETE!
Before:
looking to the dining room from the living room
(with the furniture pushed to the middle of the room!)
ALMOST DONE!
A look from the living room into the kitchen and dining room. Please notice the dust/dirt on my floor, furniture and walls!!
ALMOST COMPLETE!
looking to the dining room from the living room
(with the furniture pushed to the middle of the room!)
A look from the living room into the kitchen and dining room. Please notice the dust/dirt on my floor, furniture and walls!!
Now to the bathroom. Please, do not coment how gross my old bathroom was. I know this. That is why we got a new one!
BEFORE:
Ummm... Yes, that is a puch button flush toilet. The 50's called, they wanted it back.
DURING:
ALMOST COMPLETE:
YAY! I am so excited! I will post more when the projects are complete! In the meantime, I am so ready for Trey to come home. He has been in St. Louis since Friday. He will be home in a couple of hours!
HIP HIP!
12 comments:
Looks good! I wish ours was that close! :)
good for you living with that little mess...and i can't imagine being without a bathroom for a few days! keep us posted on your kitchen redo after new paint!
yay! that's exciting! can't wait to come visit.
i'm so glad you don't have to use pliars in the bathtub anymore (you forgot to explain this to your readers)
ps..what color are the walls in your bathroom
Laura - the pliars have been removed and disposed of. Thanks for the reminder.
Anoymous - the color right now is sage, but I had the people at home depot do it 2 shades lighter since the bathroom is so small. We will have to repaint it since there is plaster on half the wall. I haven't decided what color yet!
LOVE EVERYTHING!!!! So exciting! Can't wait to see it all complete! How did Trey get away with being gone during this whole process? :)
BEAUTIFUL! When can i come take a bath?
lookin' snazzy
hooray!
i love how you opened up the kitchen/living room. and the new toilet is just beautiful.
It looks great! I love how they knocked out the kitchen wall it really opens everything up!
PS - i like the yellow
It looks great! I love how they knocked out the kitchen wall it really opens everything up!
PS - i like the yellow
I'm an interior design senior at MSU and am super impressed with all your rennovations! I'm such a do-it-yourselfer as well! Fantastic!
P.S. Just saw the PedEgg for the second time tonight on your blog and am definately going to look into getting one!
Post a Comment