
The following may sound like a Seinfeld episode, but it is real life, people.
ok, so I know I mentioned a few posts back about Mississippi being a little...well...plump, but this is taking it to the next level.
According to USA Today, there is currently a bill being proposed by the Mississippi legislature (and I quote)
"Any food establishment to which this section applies shall not be allowed to serve food to any person who is obese..."
"Any food establishment to which this section applies shall not be allowed to serve food to any person who is obese..."
It goes on to say that every food establishment in Mississippi will be given the criteria by which a person is considered obese and if the customer falls into that category - tough luck! No food for you!
Can you imagine??? This will never pass, people. I am all about getting our little big problem under control, but is this the way to do it? Isn't it a constitutional right that one can eat?
The punishment for restaurants who continue to serve the chubby?
"The proposal would allow health inspectors to yank the permit from any restaurant that "repeatedly" feeds extremely overweight customers."
What?? Talk about pro-active.
I suggest a slightly different approach:
1)we need to educate the people about nutrition. Some people, i think, are honestly clueless
I suggest a slightly different approach:
1)we need to educate the people about nutrition. Some people, i think, are honestly clueless
2) we need to get a handle on our poverty issues. I see a direct correlation between obesity and poverty. Bad food is cheaper, people. Have you seen the 99 cent menus?
3) Get in the schools and get healthy. Children spend the majority of their days during childhood at school and/or in day care. WHY are they serving pizza with cookies and chocolate milk and coke to 2nd graders for lunch? Nutrition is a lifestyle that needs to begin early in life.
Maybe I will call the legislature.
In the meantime, check out the article by clicking here.
I do give props to Mississippi for attempting to fix this problem.
Her hair is the shortest I have ever seen!! We have never used the vet for grooming purposes, but she was due for shots and it was just convienent. They left her tail and ears just as long, but everything else is SO short. I am going to have to take a picture.
She kinda looks like the dog to the right..but is still beautiful, of course! Picture to come...

7 comments:
I wonder if some size 0 skinny hostess would get to decide if one could eat or not. They would probably end up getting squished if that were the case.
That is the craziest thing I have ever heard!!!!
Poor Sophie!!! :)
Poor thang! Tell Sophie Wilson is thinking about her!
That happened to Wilson once (the groomer and I had a misunderstanding) and he hid under the bed for a few days! He thought he was naked! :)
i think your ideas about nutrition are great...i totally agree. the proposed bill is just ridiculous.
"no soup for you! come back ONE year!"
you have no idea how happy it makes me to see you quoting seinfeld on your blog. i've brought you up well.
I'm back!! and I think that bill is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. I wonder if pregnant people count? Fat people could always lie and say they are pregnant so they could eat. Too bad for fat men though.
School lunch is the weirdest thing now. The cafeteria serves a really healthy lunch, but NO ONE seems to eat! I think there is a stigma attached to eating at the cafeteria because the ones that DO eat are on Free Lunch (meaning it's probably all the food they're going to get that day). So eating lunch is associated with being poor sometimes. So kids that DON"T eat during lunch are sneaking candy and junk during class all day long.
Just thought I'd add that tidbit:)
Post a Comment