Happy Friday!
thank goodness this week is over. Not that it has been a bad week, just so busy. Tuesday I went to the Beau Rivage on the coast for work. I know, tough gig. Someone's gotta do it. i did not gamble, however. I get mad if I lose a dollar. A penny saved is a penny earned, right mama? But the hotel and casino was decorated for Christmas and was so beautiful. It really got me in the Christmas spirit. (save the life size carolers in the hotel lobby, they really freaked me out.)
The Christmas feeling continues - Wendnesday night the University had a campus-wide Christmas tree lighting ceremony, complete with caroling, hot chocolate, and Santa. Locals brought their children dressed in their holiday best. Not to be out done, Sophie joined in for the festivities. She wore a santa hat and fur shawl. She was the cutest. I love my dog. Some dogs will get angry at you for dressing them up and flaunting them around campus. Not Sophie. She is a dog after my own heart. Bring on the costumes and attention. She even let Santa hold her for a quick photo opt. Unfortunately, my camera battery was dead. I was just sick about it. No fear, though. The mall here allows you to bring your pet to take a picture with santa on Tuesdays. We will get out picture. In the meantime, Trey's boss made fun of him for holding such a prissy dog dressed in white fur and a santa's hat. He referred to Sophie as "Bedroom slipper dog". what does this mean? How rude.
Last night I went with two of my friends, Olivia and Crystal, to a "Ladies Night Out". A bar, you ask? No. A sporting/hunting store. What a riot. we were greeted with a glass of wine and plate of cheese. It was a promotion to get ladies in there to buy for the men in their lives. It was great - free massages, HUGE savings, door prizes (I won NOTHING, by the way. Chrystal won a free make-over. Jealousy.), and food. I didn't buy anything, but it was a good excuse to get away from men and have a free drink.
Our tree is up and looking pretty dinky. I bought some pretty ribbon yesterday to make a hug bow to put on top. Unfortunately my bow didn't turn out so well. So I brought the ribbon to work and bribed the lady next door to make me one. It is gorgeous. She made it so it has a lot of extra ribbon to hang down over the tree. It will really add a little to our sweet, humble tree. Hanging it tonight. Pictures to come.
I went to our storage room in our garage a few days ago to retrieve the wreath for the front door. I bought it last year. It is the berry wreath. Anyway, apparently sometime during the year something ate the berries. Moths? Mice? I don't know. I rather not think about it. the point is the wreath looks like poo. Half the berries are gone and the ones that surived show the white under the red coating of the berries. I demanded a new wreath. Do you know what my husband's response was?
"what's wrong with it? Looks like it has snow on it."
Stupid. I will be making a wreath this weekend. My first attempt at making my own, but I have seen some that are precious and I am convinced that I can create my own. Just call me Martha.
Pictures of the "snowy" wreath soon.
That is all for now.
November 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment