January 8, 2012

put your big girl panties on

I read my last post to Trey. He made me realize I need to put my big girl pants on a deal with it. No, he didn't say that. He was very supportive and offered suggestions to make it work. He knows I am happier when I run (and, come on, when mama ain't happy....).



But as I read the post out loud to him, I realized it sounded like I was a complaining brat. Sorry, readers.


But thanks for the suggestions! (except you, Evelyn. 4 kids and she runs at 4:30 am??? Who is this wonder woman?? It will never be me. j/k. I valued yours suggestion, too. I guess)


My schedule is consistent and everybody has the same 24 hours in the day as everyone else. So I will figure it out. I was just in a pitiful mood this morning that consisted of me thinking I was the only woman in the world that had to send her child to daycare. Brat. Sorry.


I leave you with a picture of my sweet man in his favorite outfit - rain boots:






5 comments:

Hannah said...

It's a hard balance. I have been a working-outside-the-home Mommy for 5.5 years. It does get a little easier with time. Truth is--you are the only one who can prioritize and figure out a balance that works for you and your family. You'll get it...

Joey and Kristin Lindley said...

i have the same conversation in my head every day. my child is the only one in daycare...blah! i am only 2 weeks in, but hopeful it will get better. i'll pray that you find the balance you are looking for!

Jan Johnson said...

You are not a brat for wishing your child wasn't in daycare! Don't beat yourself up about that either. Y'all are doing what is necessary, but that doesn't mean you can't hope that one day it will be different! :)

The Priers said...

Um I think any working mom is wonder woman. So that you are! And you're an awesome wonder woman at that!!!

Lindsey Fyke said...

Heather,
You are one of the best mothers I know!!! I feel your pain and have the same frustrations too. You are not being a brat about this at all. Everybody likes to know they share the same frustrations, so thank you for making me feel better about the same issue!! I read a wonderful book called, "Run Like A Mother." Please read it because it is hilariously true and it will inspire you. The greatest piece of advice I can give you is to take it one day at a time and do what you can when you can!