January 18, 2012

case of the monday mornings

Only it's Wednesday.
And only I have it every morning.
I am not sure what I am in, but it is a major funk. I cry and/or get mad every. single. morning. on my way to work. As I type this, I realize I sound a bit unstable.

Once I am in my office and settled in, I am better. I am usually fine by 9:00.

I had a 7 am meeting this morning. After which I met with the dean of the college, my boss, around 8 am. She commented how perky I always am in the mornings and how put together I seem to be.
I almost simultaneously laughed, cried, and tee-teed on myself.
Put-together?
Let's recap, shall we?
1) I have on tights under my dress, but nothing else. Clean laundry is hard to come by at my house these days.
2) My hair is in a pony-tail because my child woke up at 5 am so I attempted to straighten my hair while in the kitchen reading him a story while he ate his cheerios.
3) I haven't eaten a meal since yesterday at lunch, unless you count the crust from Jones' grilled cheese sandwich last night
4) I am fairly confident I forgot to put on deodorant this morning
I appreciated the confidence boost, thanked her, and considered joining the local theatre; I was putting on some show here.

My mom reminded me this morning when I called her at 6:45 on my way to the meeting in tears, that this is normal. The working-mom part, not the overly sensitive psycho part. This too shall pass, my friends.
Jones got in the daycare we have been waiting on. He got on the waiting list the week we moved here and we found on Jan. 3 a spot came open and he got in! He could start the day after MLK day! In the words of Jones - YAY!
Only he got sick the Thursday before. Fever at school. Sent home. Fever lasted until Friday afternoon. Then it happen - he broke out. All over.

Yep - Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease. Or as I refer to it: Disgusting Disease Kids Get at Snotty-nose Daycares.
He's better now and started his new school this morning. Acording to Trey, he walked right in and started playing. Praise God! I know this to be true because, as all wives know, husbands sometimes tell you things you want to hear and I was not going to be played a fool. I called the director of the school and checked on things for myself. He told the truth! Jones walked in like he owned the place. Score one. Check that off the worry list.
It's hump-day and I am looking forward to dinner with fun friends tomorrow night. What gets you through the day?

3 comments:

The Hendrix Family said...

oh heather - i want to burst into tears for you.
but for the record - i'm glad you are back. i've missed your honesty, your funny stories, and that sweet boy's face. hopefully we will make it to starkvegas in 2012 to see y'all!

Claire Gillentine said...

oh girl dont worry..I cry, get mad, get sad, don't eat etc too! I am still trying to figure out how you moms of "big boys" do it. Im still trying to figure things out with my 10 week old!

Unknown said...

haha! i wish I could hug your neck to keep you from crying and make your sweet face laugh...and then I would teetee a little, too, b/c that is what i do everytime i laugh now. i am getting ready to leave for work and am so thankful i get to wear scrubs (no thought goes into those pj wannabes!)and dont worry about the deodorant...i didnt know you were supposed to wear it in the winter, anyway :)
love~