The chest Xrays showed that Jones has viral pneumonia. I totally freaked out, but his sweet, precious, amazing pediatrician assured me that it was not as bad as it sounded. I think it sounds horrible. She has called to check on him (and me) several times. This combined with the fact that she ooos and ahhhs all over Jones everytime makes her the perfect pediatrician. I love her.
He started medicine a few days ago and is already back to himself. The past two nights have been back to normal...praise God! He still has a cough every now and then, but I can tell by looking in his eyes that he finally feels so much better. They seemed to think that all his ear infection last week was connected to this. Bless his heart. And I blamed it on hunger.
I am so thankful to have my happy (and good sleeping) baby back.
On to fun things...
We just got back from Mobile where we stayed with Tricia and Caleb last night. Tricia took his 6 month pictures this morning in Fairhope, AL. It was so much fun. But a smile from little man? Way too much to ask. The best word I can use to describe him is curious. Tricia gets that big camera out and the smile immediately fades and he becomes very, very serious. I think he is trying to figure it all out. The minute we finished the pictures, loaded up the camera, and put Jones in the car he flashed Tricia the biggest grin. I think he knew what he was doing all along.
But she is amazing and I know they are stunning even if, yet again, he refused to smile.
He did, however, smile at the Butts in general. He thought they were hilarious. Tricia and Caleb danced with him and he just laughed and laughed. Too bad we don't have those smiles on camera!
Thanks, Tricia - we had a great time. And maybe by his 9 month pictures he will have the whole camera mystery figured out and will flash you a big one!
Be sure to check out Tricia's photography - I have such talented friends! She took my maternity pictures and Jones' newborn, 3 month and now 6 month pictures. Looking forward to 9 month and 1 year photos!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
so glad Jones is feeling better! I just read your post below too, and you are not crazy! I did the same thing with my boys - i was always paranoid about the sleeping/breathing thing - especially when they were itty bitty. I didn't have a motion sensor - but wish i had!
We slanted/raised Camp's mattress with rolled up beach towels for a period of time, too!
I think it is perfectly fine to be a 'crazy mama' =) Mine are 5 and almost 3 - and i'm still pretty crazy about some things =)
Hang in there!
i love tricia!
Post a Comment