Well, last night wasn't any better. Worse, maybe. No fever, but couldn't sleep from coughing and sneezing. Well, let me rephrase that, he could sleep, but only when held. I am not good at sleeping with him. It makes me very nervous, so another sleepless night for me and Trey. Poor Trey offered to take the monitor and sleep in the guest bedroom so I could sleep. Which he did, but it didn't help too much. Have you been to our little rental? It's little. You can't escape a crying baby.
So we were at the doctor's office before the doors opened this morning. They did a flu and RSV test, which both came back negative. Then they sent us to the hospital for chest X-ray and blood work. I still haven't heard back from the chest X-ray, but the blood work came back fine except that it does show that he was anemic. Apparently this is pretty common, so that is not what is making him sick.
So as of now, he is sleeping. We raised one side of his mattress up, as the nurse on call last night at 2 am recommended. This means no motion monitor. I am a psycho about the motion/breathing monitor. I have a feeling I may be sleeping on the floor next to him.
As I said in a previous post, I am crazy. I confirm this suspicion daily.
Feel better, my main man. And fast!
October 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Awe. I hope tonight is better. A sick baby is an awful thing.
It's very common for breastfed babies to be anemic. Henry was. The iron stores from pregnancy are depleted by 6 months old.
I raised his iron by 3 points by feeding him spinach and dark leafy greens.
Hope he feels betters soon!
*I'm mailing your baggies on Friday. This week has been a little crazy and I haven't gotton to the post office yet. They are super cute!
Oh Heather! Don't feel crazy though because kids drive us all that way! :) It's just good mommies concerned for their little loves! I'm so sorry he's still sick. Hopefully y'all will all get some sleep tonight!
i was psycho about the motion monitor too!! you are not weird ;-) it's horrible seeing your baby sick...hope he feels better soon.
A sick child is the absolute worst feeling you can have as a parent. I turned into an absolute wreck when L got sick for the first time. I pray he gets better soon.
back in the day, we didn't have motion monitors, but I remember raising the crib mattress and sleeping on the floor with my hand on Cole's chest to make sure he was breathing... oh to be a mommy. Praying he gets better quickly and you get some sleep.
bless him! kiss him for me.
I feel your pain Heather. Jackson was sick so many times his first year of life, I think the staff at the Pediatric Clinic knew us on a first name basis! It will get better. Have you tried to rub baby Vick's ointment on his chest and feet at bedtime? It helps reduce coughing and opens up his sinuses for better breathing. A humidifier or vaporizer also works really well when they have a cold. I hope your little man feels better soon! Beth Ellard:)
Post a Comment