April 19, 2010

what Jones likes

Its 5:39 am on Monday morning- hopefully within a few hours the Skaggs family will be home. The hospital and its staff have really made us comfortable throughout this experience, but nothing provides comfort like home.
Jones has spent nearly every moment of his new life in either Heather's or my own arms. As we are now experts on his every move- here is a list of his favorite things-


-Jones likes to eat. He's been breathing air for 43 hours- about 15 of those have been spent feeding. He'll eat for 90 minutes, rest for 5 and go back for a post supper snack.

-Jones loves his mommy. I mentioned comfort earlier, for Jones home is cuddling on his mother's chest while she rubs his hair- I can't blame him.

-Jones love to be swaddled. I can swaddle a baby to near perfection lines and folds in under 10 seconds. I can play a mean guitar too, but swaddling (this weekend's new vocabulary word for me) is now my favorite.

-Jones loves to dance and be sung to. When he is upset (rarely) we waltz around the room while I sing to him. Usually Van Morrison or Billy Joel- this immediately soothes his soul.


Now what we love about Jones

-everything


Trey

6 comments:

Wade's World said...

What a sweet post! I'm so very happy for y'all!!!!

Unknown said...

Another sweet post from Daddy--I have a feeling you'll be a regular writer on here from now on Trey??? :) So nice to meet you and Jones today.
Glad our boys will grow up together and hopefully go to State together...Class of 2028!

Blessings,
Elizabeth, Forrest, Walker, and Witt Williams

LT (and Max) said...

it's time for jones to be introduced to george strait. i'll be sure to make that happen the next time i visit.

mary straton said...

no no no no no George Strait! Let's keep this child as pure and without mark as possible for as long as possible!

Unknown said...

i am in tears...i cant wait to meet his little man!

Anna Little said...

I just freaking teared up. Over a computer post. Ridiculous.

Trey, you're precious... almost as precious as Heather and Jones :)

So sweet and so excited for ya'll!!