I would give myself an A+ had I not snuck cheerios in my mouth during 2nd block.
All in all, my first day subbing was a huge success.
I wish I had funny stories, but alas, I do not. It was uneventful, pretty quiet, and actually really fun. This school is a very good school, so aside from a 9th grader lying about his seat assignment in 1st block (which I totally busted him on), I had no discipline problems. In fact, it was like pulling teeth to get the students to say a word in 2nd block.
I did have one issue; one I did not think of when listing my worries yesterday. My feet. My sub packet said do not sit at your desk while students do worksheets, etc. Well, that is all the students did so naturally I took that rule very seriously and walked around the whole time. I did not plan my shoes too well. So now this pregnant woman's feet are a bit sore. I will know better tomorrow, no doubt.
Other than that, all was well in history class today. I was worried about who I would sit with in the cafeteria, but as luck would have it, I was told I could stay in my class to eat. My peanut butter and jelly sandwich and I enjoyed that very much, thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I feel sure that they would understand why a pregnant woman would need to have a seat rather than patrol a classroom--especially if everything is under control!
student: "Mrs. Skaggs, are you pregnant?"
mrs. skaggs: "umm...i don't think that has anything to do with history"
go get 'em, skaggs.
Post a Comment