January 4, 2008

story of a dog and a lizard

Sophie does not like wind shield wipers. We discovered this truth during a recent rainy ride.

Please notice the crying followed by a fierce growl at the scary rubber object. It was cute for about 5 minutes; she did it for about 45.

Brave dog, she is.


Sophie hates the rain. from Heather on Vimeo.

On a slightly different note, there is a little old lady that lives two houses down from us. This little old lady is...well...different. She is precious, don't get me wrong, but you never know what is going to come out of her mouth.

Not too long ago, Trey and I were outside doing some work. I was cleaning out the garage, which faces the street. This woman, we will call her "Edith" for no apparent reason other than I sadly can not remember her name, comes running to me in a frantic, holding both hands out.

"Hey! Come here!" - Edith

thinking something is wrong, I put down the broom and rush to her.
"Are you missing a pet lizard?" - Edith, as she is shoving a small lime green lizard in my face.

blank stare - Heather

"I was outside and saw this on my tree and immediately thought it was your pet." - Edith

Does Sophie really resemble a small amphibian? Do we look like a couple who hoards lizards, frogs and snakes? I am at a lost.

"no ma'am. Not ours. We only have a malte-poo for a pet." - Heather

"oh ok. Well, I will keep it for now. If you hear of anyone missing a pet lizard, let me know" - Edith.

Well ok then.


5 comments:

Morgan Tart said...

Ha! My dog gizmo does the same thing. He jumps on the dashboard and chases the wipers. He will do it for hours. It is quite stressful.

Wade's World said...

Bless Edith's little heart. How sweet is she!!!

I once took a lizard exactly like that to school once in my purse when I was in 3rd grade. I thought my teacher was going to have a stroke.

JordanandSaundersRamsey said...

Wow....that is absolutely hilarious!!!!!! THanks for the laugh for the day!

LT (and Max) said...

while i've heard both stories before, i'm still laughing out loud.

The Texas VicHorns said...

that is funny. especially that she "immediately thought it was your pet". i hate that i didn't get to see you over the holidays!