January 2, 2008

1150 miles in 12 days

Hello friends. I am back from my marathon traveling Christmas vacation. feels good to be back in the burg. We left our home on December 21st not to return until yesterday, January 1. Long trip, but oh what fun.

I will break it down:

December 21-23 : Starkville. We were all in Starkville over this weekend, so we had Christmas on Saturday. Oh what fun. Entertainment provided by Henry.

December 23 AM: Collinsville. For exactly one hour we visited with my mom's family in Collinsville. We were on our way to the coast, so couldn't stay long. We were heading to Mobile that night once we got to Gulfport, so our car wasn't able to stop for long. It was great to see everyone even for that short while. I was able to see my aunt, uncle and cousin that I haven't seen in so long. It was great.

(Laura and my sweet Mamaw)

December 23 PM: Mobile, AL. Trey and I met his parents in Gulfport and headed over to Mobile to visit Bellengrath gardens. It was beautiful!! So many lights. It was freezing that night...thank goodness I had hot cider and a cute boy to keep me warm as we gazed at millions of sparkly lights. December 23-26: Gulfport. Back to the in-laws. What a cozy home to come to...big fire and lots of food. FABULOUS. Christmas day was absolutely wonderful. This was my first Christmas to not spend in Starkville and let me tell you - it was great! I am very blessed to have such wonderful in-laws.

WE LOVE CHRISTMAS!

SIDE NOTE: I will add here that Trey and I went to the movies Christmas night. PS. I LOVE YOU. well, PS TAKE A KLEENEX. Don't say I didn't warn you. I cried for 2 hours once the movie ended. And I am NOT a movie crier.

-This is the time in the marathon that Trey and I part ways for a few days-

TREY - December 26-29: Deercamp. Does something so stupid really need to be documented? I think not. Moving on...

(Not Trey...thank goodness)

HEATHER - December 26-28: Starkville....again. Back for a day of sleeping late, shopping around town, visiting friends, and spending the night with my sassy Nana. Oh what fun! I saw Ivy Kate while I was in town. She is Henry's girlfriend. I love her. (and her mama, of course)

December 28-29: Clinton. My mom and dad went to Clinton to keep Henry during Rob's (the brother-in-law, Henry's daddy) little brother's wedding. I went to Clinton to meet my husband from the deercamp so we could join forces yet again. Henry is just adorable.


December 29-January 1: Oxford. Trey and I left Clinton and headed to Oxford to visit our dear friend, Russell, who is one of the directors of Camp Lake Stephens there. We got in Oxford in time to watch the Liberty Bowl. I was in Oxford during the game - Such a bitter-sweet theory. I loved it. Go Dawgs. On the 30th, youth from all over Mississippi came to CLS for a retreat. It was great. New Year's Eve we held a dance for the youth. I was a dancing fool, I tell ya. I think I pulled something out on the floor. Trey was the DJ. He was not, under any circumstances, considered to be a cool DJ.

Case in point #1: For the last song, Trey announces over the microphone: "This is the last dance of 2007 - make it special" then proceds to play "I Believe I Can Fly" by R. Kelly. You know, the 1996 easy listening tune? Please keep in mind that most of the kids at this retreat were born in the early to mid 90's. They were NOT impressed. It was hysterical.

Proof that I was, in fact, in attendance at a high school dance: (Please ignore the bearded man, he was a counselor)
After the dance there was a fireworks show and bonfire. I hate fireworks. Call me a New Year's scrooge - I don't care. It was pretty from afar.

January 1: Hattiesburg. Home again! We took the Christmas tree down and did approx. 10 loads of laundry. I use the word "we" loosely. Truth be told: Trey does the laundry. Thanks, hun.

While Trey and I had a wonderful visit with everyone, Sophie, on the other hand, was unimpressed with our abilities to travel at great lengths. She stoped eating all together about 3 days ago. She is a child of routine, I tell you. She slept the entire trip home from Oxford to Hattiesburg and did not fully wake up until this morning.

Here she is last night worn out from all the festivities:
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and a blessed New Year!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw "PS...I Love You" also and yes it was really sad...

The Manning Family said...

WOW! I think I would need about a week or two to recover from that crazy amount of traveling. Glad to hear y'all are back home safely. Looks like your Christmas was great and I hope you have a fabulous 2008!

Tracy~ said...

I love this blog! You make me laugh.

I read PS I love you and one of my coworkers saw it and said she cried the whole time and went to bed at 7:30 that night because her eyes were puffy and hurt from crying so much. Now I don't know if I can see it!

Your family is so cute and I can't stand it - Henry is adorable.

Glad you're home safe and sound.

LT (and Max) said...

please never leave the blogging world for such a lengthy period of time again. you were missed!

so fun seeing you during the break. so sad that it's over!

Adelia said...

1) I hope that next year Collinsville gets longer than an hour in the 2 week long adventure.
2) What was Trey thinking? R. Kelly is the worst. He is a terrible DJ.
3) Ivy Kate's hair is awesome. Tell Ashley to rejoin the blogging world so that more can be seen of that cutie.
4) I think I have commented enough for now. Maybe more later. Miss ya.

Anonymous said...

I hate that I missed your 1 hour pitstop in Collinsville. Catch ya next time.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm..I'm not sure why it says "smartie pants" above this comment, but oh, well...
Feather, love your blog! Miss you!
LJLL

The Benjamins said...

Thanks for the pictures of Ivy Kate on the blog! She said you shouldn't show pictures unless her hair is fixed with a BIG bow! :) Glad we got to see you on your trip around MS!

brad, amanda, and brody said...

looks like yall had so much fun!

did sophie sleep in a bunk at CLS?! haha

Jeremy Knight said...

1150 MILES?

Hburg to Orlando
595 MILES

:-)

Jason, Cathy, Claire, Grey, and Nate said...

I LOVE Bellingrath Gardens.... especially at Christmas!

Tricia said...

"Last dance of '07... make it special." Classic Line.

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

Oh my gosh, how many suitcases did you have to take for a trip like that??