Y'all, it's hot down here. Really hot.
I know it's Mississippi and Mississippi has hot summers, but this doesn't lighten that sting of the first heat wave of the season. Triple digits for a week straight. And then you calculate the humidity. Last week the heat index was 123. Um, no thanks.
Getting dressed everyday is pointless, no? Girls, I know you feel me. You shower, blow dry and straighten your hair only to walk outside to a humid sauna.
And don't get me started on the air conditioner situation. Our poor AC works overtime day in and day out, yet we came home to the thermostat set at 65 degrees, but the temperature inside was 82.
I need a snow cone. Tigers blood, please.
It's a good thing I adore this beloved state I live in. I can think of nowhere else I would rather live. But, dear goodness, I am quickly reminded of the joys of spending my college summers in Maine.
In the words of Tina Fey, I want to go to there.
I may just hibernate until fall, which is often a season of our imagination down here in the deep south.
What are your plans for the 4th?
Stay cool, my friends.
And when given the opportunity to eat a piece of frozen peanut butter banana pie, always do so. I may have two pieces tomorrow (one for me and one for the growing baby, of course).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment