I really hope Sophie is not an example of our future child rearing skills. She is really bad.
I left Sophie alone in the house for ten minutes this afternoon. I came home to find Sophie laying on her back on the couch. This obviously means she did something wrong. Whenever she misbehaves, so rolls over on her back and gives her major puppy dog eyes, which obviously works on my every time (see picture).
I found my purse on the ground, unzipped. Trouble. I walked into my office to see an empty granola bar package. (Yes, I had food in my purse. Snack emergencies) She ate the entire thing! And not just one bar. It was a Nature Valley crunchy granola bar that comes with two bars per package. Her stomach is swollen and her breath smells of oats and honey. She is still smacking her lips. Bad dog.
On the baby front, I have had the strangest dreams lately. Is this normal? I am not even very far along in my pregnancy. Last night I had a dream that a new study came out that breast milk was really bad for babies and that all children that were nursed had a higher risk of getting tuberculosis. So random. In my dream I asked my all-knowing mother, who confirmed that yes, breast milk is really harmful for babies. The dream was so real that I woke up really confused about breast milk. Of course by the time I finished my breakfast I realized that it was, in fact, a dream. How weird is that?
Here are pictures of a pretty sunset at the beach. Trey and I went walking there the other night and I just had to take some pictures on my phone.
Obviously this was taken before Ida. On that note, can I get some praise, please? I survived my first coastal storm. Granted, it was just a tropical storm, but if you know me you know that is a huge step in the right direction. I don't do bad weather. Never have. But I surprised even myself. Sophie, on the other hand, was not a fan. She needed desperately to tee-tee during the worst of the rain and wind. We finally put on rain coats (which did no good) and took her outside. She refused to get off the porch during the first 4 attempts. Finally, Trey walked her to the middle of the yard only to have a gust of wind knock her down! She looked like a drowned rat when she was through. Not a happy camper.
Last note of the day: Please pray for my big sister, Kristen. Tomorrow and Thursday she will be taking the STEP 3 exam, which she must pass in order to get her medical license. Please pray that she will have a clarity of mind, confidence, and strength, clarity of mind, and confidence as she takes this LONG test. I can't imagine! She is the smartest and most dedicated person I know, so I know she will do great on the test and in her role as an OBGYN, but the more prayers the better! Thanks!
Go Dr. Kristen!!
4 comments:
You are so silly. I had crazy dreams as well. Still do.
So glad you survived the storm. I do remember the one time we were driving to The Happening and it started sprinkling and you almost had a panic attack and made me drive. Good times.
You have many more nights of crazy dreams. Glad you made it through the storm. The beach pictures are gorgeous.
i thought I was the smartest person you knew!!!! thanks a lot.
sophie has issues.
I had crazy crazy dreams! I forgot all about that part until I was reading this! haha
Thanks for the sweet comments. Its very hard for a momma to ever feel or be stylish, so thank you!
Post a Comment