My Nana is concerned about my new activity, however. She finds it a bit dangerous to be playing this sport while growing a babe.
I asked my Dr: All is well on the tennis front.
But I decided to take matters into my own hands and research the best exercises while with child.
This is my favorite bit of advice I have found so far:
"If your water breaks during any form of exercise, do not continue with the activity. Stop the exercise immediately and seek medical attention."
Did someone really have to be warned about this? Hilarious. I am no expert here, but I am convinced if my water broke while, say, playing tennis, I would not want to complete the set.
8 comments:
It could probably happen to that lady that teaches yoga at the Sanderson. I remember her passing me while jogging and she was in her 9th month.
i have no words.
The best one I have heard is "The following exercises should be avoided during pregnancy, as they may pose potential risks: football, boxing...."
I was like, um, do women even do these on a regular basis?
I see patients everday who are dumb enough to need that advice. We've actually been asked these 2 questions: What side is my heart on? and the award winner is one I can't even print!
I played league up until 37 weeks.
My Nanny (may God rest her soul!) was a hoot! She once lit up a cigarette right next to me when I was about 5 months pregnant and my Mom quickly told her to put it out, that it's bad for the baby. My Nanny said, "Well, hell. When I was pregnant I drank and I smoked and I danced and my three kids came out fine!"
At least she wasn't out boxing or playing football!
Have you heard the old wives tale that whatever food you crave, your child will like it too? LJLL
My dr told me to continue my usual work out routine. so i did-nothing :)
Post a Comment