Working from home has been a learning experience, but a great one. I have very few interruptions now that I am out of the office on most days. I am really able to get things done without having to deal with the everyday distractions of being in an office with other people.
However, I have left a pretty cool working environment to work, well, with a maltepoo.
My Hattiesburg office:
Part of the lobby (loft on the top left)
One of the living room areas.
Another shot of the lobby. That is a live plant wall!
My office is the one right when you go up those stairs.
My Gulfport office/Co-workers:
Dreaming sweet dreams. I love that she smiles in her sleep.
This is how she feel asleep. For real. Her head is hanging off the couch.
(and her PJs are coming off. But I think the first problem is that she is wearing PJs)
The house is coming together slowly. We plan on doing a little shopping and decorating this weekend. Yippee!
In other news, all is well on the baby front. I met my new doctor yesterday. He seems really nice and very helpful. I am thankful for that, as I do not have a whole lot of time to shop around.
We were able to have another ultrasound. The baby has grown from a peanut-like shape to a real baby! He/she was very active, had his/her legs crossed and arm waving by his/her head. Adorable. Very photogenic little inch and a half baby. The doctor said all looked perfect and the little munchkin is growing has he/she should. What a great thing to hear! The heartbeat was strong - heart rate of 168.
I still have not been sick at all, but my cravings have changed slightly. I was on a plain baked potato kick for a couple of weeks. That has long left me. Now I want lemon-berry slushes from Sonic, gummy bears, skittles....basically empty fruit-flavored calories. I am trying to stick to real fruit, though. The babe would appreciate that, I am sure.
The fam (minus Trey, who is sure the little one is a manly man) is convinced we are having a little princess. I tend to agree. They are so convinced that my eldest sis, Kristen, called yesterday after purchasing several adorable pink and white dresses and gowns. She, of course, told the lady at the shop that she does not know if I am having a boy or a girl, but has an aunt-feeling that it's a mini-Heather (oh joy of the world!) Laura simply refers to the little babe as her niece.
Trey was very positive that he noticed the little person's 'man-hood' on yesterday's ultrasound picture.
Two things, hun:
1) It's a 12 week picture, you can't tell that just yet.
and, possibly more importantly...
2)That would be the umbilical cord you are pointing to.
We are both really excited, obviously, and neither of us really care one way or the other. It's just fun for me to think of dressing a wee one in monogram bloomers and bows and for Trey to think of taking the little dude to do...I don't know...whatever boys do. Hunt? Football? Tee-tee outside?
We will find out soon!!
TGIF!
15 comments:
So thankful to know everything is going just as it should. I tend to think it is going to be a little girl too. :) Whatever it may be....it's going to be one blessed child! Love you and can't wait to see you all again soon. Good luck on your house this weekend. Miss you!
PS- Saunders still can't get over Sophie sleeping on that pillow at your parents house last weekend!!! haha!
Great to hear!
I've been meaning to ask...how is Sophie taking the news?
I am kind of thinking girl, but I can totally see it being a boy too. Either way it will be precious.
I'm so glad things are going great for you! I'm thinking it's a girl!!
It's so great to hear you're doing well with the baby boy/girl! Tell Laura and Kristen that the aunt gender-radar isn't always on point... I was FULLY convinced that I would have a nephew, and I was so wrong. BUT I can't imagine it any other way now :)
Love your new office digs, too.
Hey heather! I just saw your blog on another friends. Very cute! and congratulations! Having a baby is so wonderful! Enjoy every minute. Glad things are going well!
Tee-tee outside?! Just love that one! Don't all boys (and men?) do this? But no, I'm thinking girl too since the winter season seems to be producing all boys maybe the spring season will produce a sweet baby girl for you. In my opinion, there's nothing sweeter than smocked dresses and bows! Glad everything is going well!
YAY...I love ultrasounds. I wish we had one every time. I also craved the empty calorie food such as skittles. I think that is common. Can't wait to find out what you and Trey are having.
can't wait to see you!!
Can't wait to find out what gender baby Skaggs is! I don't know if Trey can take a lil' Heather!
CONGRATULATIONS you two. I have not been able to get on here and much less visit Gulfport. Take care and best wishes
whoops I hit anonymous and meant to put my name,,,,Gorman
Hey!! I have been absent from the blogging world for a while....You are pregnant!!! That is fabulous. Many congratulations to you both.
LOL LOL! heather! i just may have snorted when i laughed out loud at your 'tee tee outside' comment! awesome!
congrats again and im so glad that you are feeling well and that everything is going well!
ps - your offices are very very cool!
MK Segrest
I'm so glad things are going well! Just wait until you start showing and random people will come up and rub your belly.
You'll be a great mommy to either boy or girl. I think girl :)
Trace~
ps - my boys are 15 and 14 and still tee-tee outside every chance they get. sigh.
love reading about your pregnancy! can't wait to hear what you are having :-) i just had my first, a boy, and yes...i think my husband is excited about teaching him all the things you listed. ha! my blog is private, but here's my email if you want to be invited. LOVE your blog! kinseypowell@hotmail.com
Post a Comment