December 19, 2007

recipe, from yours truly

I am not too much of a cook. I like to bake, but as far as preparing a delicious and healthy meal, I am no Betty Crocker. (or Melita Tomlinson...you choose the icon)

Anyway, yesterday we had brunch in our office. Everyone brought something to eat/drink. Me? I went by Shipleys and picked up a few dozen holes. please, no judgment. At the said brunch, I tried a very yummy casserole. I am not too much for casseroles, mind you. I don't even like my food to touch...why would I purposely make a meal like that? I can count on my hand the number of casseroles I like (poppyseed chicken, king ranch chicken, etc...) This breakfast casserole was delish, however.

So now I give you the recipe so you can try it out for yourself:

Mexican Breakfast Casserole:

1. Cook sausage, onions, green peppers, salsa and chiles (or jalepenoes - optional) ; drain
2. Put large spoonfuls in a tortilla, roll and line them in a dish
3. Pour scrambled eggs over them (about 10 eggs)
4. Pour bag of shredded cheese over the top
5. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

Enjoy! Make you say "ole'!"




2 comments:

Katie Walden said...

I love your banner! How did you do it?

Little Daddy said...

I know you must be a pretty good cook, and I can improvise on recipes myself, doing most of the cooking around my house. But most recipes I have seen have amounts. Ten eggs I get, and I sort of know about a bag of cheese, but some of your readers like to see quantities.

But thanks for the "recipe." I will give it a try, because Melinda likes Mexican food. In fact I think she is Mexican.