December 10, 2007

little man's birthday bash (and other news)

Saturday we had a little party for Henry's birthday. Big one year old. His birthday was on the 1st, but due to my sister's (his mama's!) crazy work schedule, we celebrated on the 8th. (She is an OB/GYN resident and works crazy hours). All 4 of Henry's grandparents, all 3 of his aunts, his two uncles and his sweet little Nanny were there to celebrate with him and his mama and daddy. He was so cute at the party. He was interested in every present he opened and gave each one attention. Even the clothes. Presh. He was not so sure about the cake at first. Kristen had a "smash" cake made just for him. It was so adorable. It matched his outfit. But he was so gentle with it at first. Once he realized it tasted fabulous, he was all about it. He had his one year pictures made the other week with another smash cake and she said he barely stuck his toe in it. Priceless. Here are some pictures from the party. Yes, I took a picture of him opening each gift; I will refrain from posting all pictures. Always thinking of my readers.


Thursday I drove to Memphis to visit Jordan in the hospital. If you are a reader of her blog, you know that she had surgery. Can I just say that she is the bravest little thing in the world? I was able to spend some time with her in the hospital before I left for Jackson on Friday. I have had a lot of people call me to check on her. She is at home now and doing well, but still in some pain. I know those who know her will attest to this: She is the most amazing person...her spirits were high the entire time. She is truly the strongest person! Please continue to pray for her and Saunders. I know this was the best decision for her and I am so proud of her! I was also able to hang out with Jenny Ruth while I was in Memphis. I am so glad I finally got to get to know her! She is precious!! A big thanks to Amanda and Luke for letting me stay at their precious home while I was there. And I am so sorry my dog is a big snob and wouldn't play with Bandit. she really does love him. So good to see two of my very best friends in one week!!
(just look how snobby Sophie looks!)

In other news, each Christmas (ok, this is only our 2nd time) Trey and I make a gingerbread house. Really I make him do it. I think it is important for us to have our own traditions. Trey is a little OCD with it, however, and I am little concerned about continuing this tradition when we have kids. I have a feeling he will not allow them to help. "Heather...let me do it. The roof is crooked. You put too much icing on the chimney." really, hunny?? It's a gingerbread house. But I am thankful we have a straight roof on the sugar house. Here are pictures.




PS - I promise Trey can smile correctly. He is making fun of me.

1 comment:

LT (and Max) said...

love the gingerbread house. what a fun tradition!

only OUR sister would have 2 (matching) cakes that coordinated with the "birthday outfit". seriously.