September 27, 2007

true life: I am bulldog.

One could say I am a die-hard Misissippi State fan. I grew up that way; it's in my blood. It is rare that I find such a fan in south mississippi, however. Being in Hattiesburg, surrounded by all these Golden Eagles, has not caused my love for all things bulldog to fade. In fact, I think it is safe to say that it solidified my love to a new level.

Perhaps not to the level of one Hattiesburg local, Mercedes-driving Bulldog.

Yesterday I went to the Corner Market to pick up a few items for dinner. (Side Note: Vegan Pizza Crust does NOT taste the same. Why am I so easily fooled?) I parked my car and walked on in to the store, not realizing the gold mine that was parked next to me.

When I finished my shopping, vegan pizza crust in tow, I made my way back to the car. It was then that I spotted the car tag:

Now, I am just as proud as the next bulldog of our winning season thus far. 3 and 1. We haven't done this since, oh, the mid-90's. But I am a little concerned that this local took it to the extremes. Will he change the tag after Saturday's game? Regardless if we win or lose, the numbers will change.

Perhaps I have missed the boat completely and MSU3nd1 totally means something else. I thought about it all night, but can not seem to come up with another answer. If this does represent the 3 wins and 1 loss that I am assuming it does, I really would like to meet the owner of this vehicle. I might have made a friend.

Speaking of a winning season; the bulldogs did, in fact, pull out another W. I am like a proud mother watching her child learn to ride a bike.



7 comments:

Tracy~ said...

You really should have followed that person home so you could see if they change plates every time the stats change.

You could have a new best friend!

Trace~

Crystal and Billy said...

Craziness...seriously, we will not be 3-1 after Saturday. Wish you did follow them home so we could find out next week if they change their tag.

Little Daddy said...

MSU3ND1 -- I wish that you had gone on and consumed with gusto the vegan pizza and never noticed the car -- I will be racking my brain and will not be able to sleep trying to figure this one out. Are we dumb or what?

LT (and Max) said...

a proud mother watching her child ride a bike? ok then.

you should have left your phone number on the windshield. maybe you really could have made a new friend to eat mexican with.

mary straton said...

See the craziness that goes down in South Mississippi? We both need to move back to good ole Oktibbeha County (not Sturgis - Starkville).

And by the way, this is the first 3 game winning streak since 2000. Kell gave me that stat.

Angela + Dwight = TRU LUV

Anisa said...

that is a hard core fan. seriously, what will they do after we play again?

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

sillies! this car tag clearly represents that time the women's frolf (frisbee-golf) team played notre dame. we won, 3 to 1. i can't believe you guys didn't know about that. what kind of a fan are you?
i love to frolf.